Rumor: Lindholm Mega Thread: All Rumors/Proposals Go Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
How about some of the youngest high drafted players on ELC? Hanifin, Provorov, Werenski etc?

Philly and CBJ don't have the cap space to swap an ELC for a $6m player.

Hanifin + would at least help the Ducks with their ED problem.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
Trouba (signed to a bridge) + Dano

For

Lindholm + cap dump?

This would free up the money situation for Anaheim and get them decent value, IMO. I'm sure Ducks fans will say it's not enough but it's the absolute max I'd go as a Jets fan. I don't think the difference between Trouba and Lindholm is worth more than Dano plus the value of dumping wasted salary cap space.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
This doesnt really make a lot of sense. Why would anaheim be shopping lindholm for a "similarly talented dman"? The entire reason they would make a trade to begin with is to free up cap space to sign lindholm, but acquiring one thats just as talented is likely going to be getting paid just as much..

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
This doesnt really make a lot of sense. Why would anaheim be shopping lindholm for a "similarly talented dman"? The entire reason they would make a trade to begin with is to free up cap space to sign lindholm, but acquiring one thats just as talented is likely going to be getting paid just as much..

Hanifin for example. 2 more years at ELC including this season

Last edited:

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Great another thread with other teams offering crap for Lindholm. To a division rival of ours you ain't getting Lindholm. To others team you would have to pay someone that really hurts for us to trade Lindholm.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Nurse and 1st are scraps?

Yeah, they are. Nurse is a bottom pairing D and the 1st round pick does nothing for a team trying to compete still. 1st round picks don't make a trade go through like in NHL 17. Otherwise we would just give up 4 1sts and Stoner to get Ovi. :shakehead

Määttä + Kunitz for Lindholm + Despres?
That's real bad for us. No thanks.

Some packages for example that I think I could see:

Beaulieau + 1st(+?)
Ceci + 1st(+?)
Zadorov + 1st(+?)
Pouliot + 1st +
Hanifin +

Teams can offer that, but Ducks wouldn't take any of them. Ducks are trying to compete and none of those players are anywhere close to Lindholm's level.

Any interest in Maatta?
Nope.

wait.. so not trouba?.. :sarcasm:
Exactly!

For arguments sake, how close value wise, would a 1 for 1 of Lindholm and Klingberg be? If not 1v1, who adds? I'm not saying I'd want the Stars to make that trade, I'm just curious.
That'd be a cool deal actually. Neither sides does it, but it's close.

How about some of the youngest high drafted players on ELC? Hanifin, Provorov, Werenski etc?
Doesn't help us compete this year, so no thanks.

Incoming Trouba and a B prospect for Lindholm and a cap dump trade (hopefully).

Lindholm's agent is Winnipeg Jets prospect Brendan Lemieux's father. The moons are aligned.

Make it happen, Chevy!
See how Jets fans are the only ones wanting this trade? It's because it's a trade that's only good for the Jets. Ducks have already said they aren't trading Lindholm for Trouba.

Why would they be traded from their teams for Lindholm? They have no reason to be. They are both on good contracts for the next few years.

Anaheim can't sign Lindholm for the money he wants so they are not going to get an OEL or a Faulk.
Then there's no deal. If a team wants Lindholm, they have to offer up a top young D in return. A bunch of scrap pieces added to meh defensemen don't get you Lindholm.

Ristolainen + your pick of things not named Jack, Sam or Alexander

How's that sound?
Another close deal, but no thanks. Rather have Lindholm personally.

For

Lindholm + cap dump?
You're not getting Lindholm for Trouba.

Who said Anaheim is shopping Lindholm? This is some guy who is just as reliable if not worse as Eklund. But yeah, if we're trading Lindholm for a similar top young, the price is going to be the same so what's the point in trading Lindholm? Go with the devil you know.

Crosbysux

Dec 29, 2013
Murphy also said what the Ducks asked for was laughable and unlikely to happen. It's probably teams calling on Lindhom and Ducks saying it'll be a huge overpayment or it ain't Happening.

BluesTraveler

May 25, 2016
Jimmy Murphy doesn't have any sources, he doesn't talk to any NHL execs. Any rumor the guy comes up with was something him and Joe Haggerty talked about, and decided to spread it

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Ducks have already said they aren't trading Lindholm for Trouba.

Oh, so internet fans are now representing the Ducks franchise?

Come mid-November, the contract demands of these RFAs will be coming down.

If Trouba is highly motivated to leave Winnipeg, he might be willing to give you a sweetheart contract. You cannot overlook the value of a good contract since that gives you more room to upgrade elsewhere.

Can a Lindholm/Trouba be main pieces of a trade with suitable extras? Yep. It would solve both franchise dilemnas. That said, I think the Ducks will eventually close the salary gap with Lindholm.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Oh, so internet fans are now representing the Ducks franchise?

Come mid-November, the contract demands of these RFAs will be coming down.

If Trouba is highly motivated to leave Winnipeg, he might be willing to give you a sweetheart contract. You cannot overlook the value of a good contract since that gives you more room to upgrade elsewhere.

Can a Lindholm/Trouba be main pieces of a trade with suitable extras? Yep. It would solve both franchise dilemnas. That said, I think the Ducks will eventually close the salary gap with Lindholm.

You do know that Bob and other reputable sources said earlier this month that the Ducks aren't interested in trading Lindholm for Trouba right? Since they didn't see a fit for him on here. I'll go with what the Ducks club said. You're choice if you want to believe them or not.

Something around Travis Hamonic for Lindholm?

No way.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
I'm not sure I get this. What would Ducks fans want? Someone on Lindholm's level that isn't making Lindholm money? Why would anyone trade someone like that?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

For

Lindholm + cap dump?

This would free up the money situation for Anaheim and get them decent value, IMO. I'm sure Ducks fans will say it's not enough but it's the absolute max I'd go as a Jets fan. I don't think the difference between Trouba and Lindholm is worth more than Dano plus the value of dumping wasted salary cap space.

Sure Winnipeg gets Lindholm for 7 years or so, And Trouba after the bridge deal walks as a UFA how does this make any sense for Anaheim giving up the better D man in the deal. Don't see a Lindholm for Trouba deal going down Bob Murray can get better offer for Lindholm then Trouba.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I'm not sure I get this. What would Ducks fans want? Someone on Lindholm's level that isn't making Lindholm money? Why would anyone trade someone like that?

A team wouldn't trade that, which is why this whole thread is pointless. Even the guy spreading the rumor said the Ducks' ask was laughable, which means it's crazy high no team is going to agree to it.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016

Pretty much, Hanifin is literally the only man on Earth thats fits the criteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad