Rumor: Lindholm Mega Thread: All Rumors/Proposals Go Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why

Jan 15, 2014
Edmonton
I agree it would take more but salary wise and expansion protection would be a plus for Anaheim. Regardless, It's not happening, I just think Nurse and an oilers first is more than "scraps"

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
And why would Bob Murray do this? Nurse is a 5/6 D man that Anaheim already has an over abundance of Nurse does Anaheim no good here. It would take more then just Nurse and a 1st rounder to convince Murray to trade Lindholm within the division. Not happening.

Didn't say he would just made a guess, GM's make odd decisions when they are painted into a corner... Both those assets are cheap money wise and "could be" very good pieces, also BM has always been enamoured with size, and they are both expansion protected.

I don't do that deal if I am BM and Lindholm is on my team, but if he was on my team he would be locked up at 7 @ 6.5m already.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
I know Anaheim has probably heard this offer a thousand times but thoughts on Gardiner + JVR?

EDIT: Thought Lindholm was a right shot. Still really interested but no as much as I would have been.

What a terrible offer that is nowhere close.

But glad you're no longer as interested as you once were. That's comforting at least.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
I agree it would take more but salary wise and expansion protection would be a plus for Anaheim. Regardless, It's not happening, I just think Nurse and an oilers first is more than "scraps"

It was a relative comment. Relative to a 22 year old who is already an established #1 defender, yeah that's scraps. Total and utter scraps relatively speaking.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
I know Anaheim has probably heard this offer a thousand times but thoughts on Gardiner + JVR?

EDIT: Thought Lindholm was a right shot. Still really interested but no as much as I would have been.

:laugh: No. Reilly, Nylander or Marner would have to be the center piece.

Rielly for Lindholm?

Before you call this a lateral move for Toronto, it would strengthen their back end from a defensive standpoint, I don't think we'll need a ton of offense from our D. That said, I don't see Toronto doing it, since they've drafted and developed Rielly, and signed him to a nice contract.

That's fair, but no reason for Toronto to do that IMO.

FFS CHEVY GET ON IT!!!

Trouba absolutely fits the bill.

We would have to add but this is 100% what we need. A top young LD.

As far as money goes. Trouba can be signed in the $4.5 to $5.5 range. Not sure how that works out for Anaheim.

No, thanks. Unless there's a top prospect included.

Here we go again

IDK, Brady Skjei and JT Miller for Lindholm?

I'm gonna guess Nurse + '17 1st for Lindholm

:laugh:

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
I would expect most GM's won't touch it this now and will wait to see just how desperate the Duck/Lindholm situation becomes.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Nurse and 1st are scraps?

One is a bottom pairing defensemen with potential to be a #4 at best, and one is an unknown asset. You don't trade a great young defensemen for that type of package.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The thing is, I cant see any teams wanting to trade there own young Top D for another right now. Why trade for another when you've already got a good one yourself that you're much more accustomed to.

If Anaheim moves Lindholm(And I'm not saying they will or that they even should), I think it will ultimately end up being for a package. That package likely includes at least 1 young D with lots of potential but who isn't nearly as established as Lindholm yet, along with other pieces like a 1st round pick or other good prospects.

Some packages for example that I think I could see:

Beaulieau + 1st(+?)
Ceci + 1st(+?)
Zadorov + 1st(+?)
Pouliot + 1st +
Hanifin +

I could see Anaheim being offered packages like that. They're getting good young NHL Dmen who are generally play Top 4 minutes already, but none of them are on the level of Lindholm yet. But they also get some solid cap relief with all of those guys, as well as the 1st round picks along with it.

But I cant see Anaheim getting a comparable Dman back for Lindholm. What team would actually have a Dman as good as Lindholm and want to be trading them? The closest one is maybe Trouba, but with Trouba it would just be one headache for another headache if your Anaheim.

Crocoduck

Mar 3, 2013
Peterborough, Ont.
For arguments sake, how close value wise, would a 1 for 1 of Lindholm and Klingberg be? If not 1v1, who adds? I'm not saying I'd want the Stars to make that trade, I'm just curious.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Incoming Trouba and a B prospect for Lindholm and a cap dump trade (hopefully).

Lindholm's agent is Winnipeg Jets prospect Brendan Lemieux's father. The moons are aligned.

Make it happen, Chevy!

Topkatz

Jul 23, 2010
It's either OEL, Faulk or GTFO. We don't want a bunch scraps for Lindholm

Why would they be traded from their teams for Lindholm? They have no reason to be. They are both on good contracts for the next few years.

Anaheim can't sign Lindholm for the money he wants so they are not going to get an OEL or a Faulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad