LeBrun: Lindholm and Bruins working on 8 year extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
6.5..... seriously? unbelievable I would have given him that no question.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
What the hell…

Anaheim didn’t want to pay him $6.5M? That can’t be right. He had to have wanted out.

Apparently Anaheim didn't want to give him term. Verbeek seems to be anti-long term contract, an interesting tidbit that may bear watching going forward

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Apparently Anaheim didn't want to give him term. Verbeek seems to be anti-long term contract, an interesting tidbit that may bear watching going forward

Correct. Anaheim supposedly only offered 4 years.

I don't think term will be an issue with the youngsters though. Zegras will have an 8 year deal in his inbox the second it's allowed. Verbeek just didn't want to sign 8 year deals for players into their late 30's.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
7M AAV for Lindholm is absolutely horrendous, he's not the same player he once was. Not sure why people think some of these Ducks players are the same guys who played big roles in their contending years in the mid 2010's. Sorry not even close

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Maybe, maybe not. A lot of the time, sure, but I think there'll be a few exceptions.

Correct. Anaheim supposedly only offered 4 years.

I don't think term will be an issue with the youngsters though. Zegras will have an 8 year deal in his inbox the second it's allowed. Verbeek just didn't want to sign 8 year deals for players into their late 30's.

Yeah, you're both probably right. Makes sense.

I guess I more meant that he's less likely to give out those long term deals to loyal vets. It seems rare for a GM to think that way

I kinda like it ;)

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
Glad Anaheim stayed away. Anaheim has learned their lesson with atrocious contracts in Bieksa and Kesler. This one will be brutal also with Lindholm injury prone

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
personally, i dont think hes worth 6.5 for that long.
Funny as teams are trying to get Giordano who is 38 but Lindholm who is 28 is not going to age well.

Lindholm will probably play his career out with McAvoy which will ensure longevity.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
He is still a good player and I don't mind the cap hit in the short run, Boston probably had no choice when it comes to term if they wanted to sign him. 8 years is a long time though and he has already showed some signs of declining a little. Hopefully its more because of the team declining and some injuries and not because he is losing a step.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Funny as teams are trying to get Giordano who is 38 but Lindholm who is 28 is not going to age well.

Lindholm will probably play his career out with McAvoy which will ensure longevity.
i never said that lol. I just, personally, don't think he's that good. You are right that he can compliment mcavoy well

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
i never said that lol. I just, personally, don't think he's that good. You are right that he can compliment mcavoy well
I know you never said it, just a comment on a certain fanbase dissing his age at the end of the contract. When they are hoping for Giordano who is already 2 years past the end date of Lindholm's proposed 8 year contract.

Lindholm is better than anything the Bruins have tried with McAvoy since his rookie year with Chara. After that Chara went downhill and McAvoy was targeted daily carrying the puck all the time.

This will also extend McAvoy's career in turn. After Chara he was saddled with Sens cast off Reilly, smallish Grezlyck and the rookie Vaak. Forbort even took a role with him at the start of the year but none of them close to being # 2 guys.

Reactions: flyerslducks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad