LeBrun: Lindholm and Bruins working on 8 year extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
8 years is a mistake. In all likelihood Lindholm is not going to age well.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
7M AAV for Lindholm is absolutely horrendous, he's not the same player he once was. Not sure why people think some of these Ducks players are the same guys who played big roles in their contending years in the mid 2010's.

He is going to play with Carlo or McAvoy in a very strong defensive system. His health is the concern rather than his performance over the next five seasons.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Can the Bruins even afford him at 7M+?

I guess that means no Bergeron unless he wants to sign for peanuts.

TooMuchMan

Sep 29, 2010
Deep Space Nine
I'd rather give him more money (up to $8) if he'd stick to term under 5 years. Not gonna happen though. And the B's have to pay. They just invested a ton of assets in him. He'll either rise to the occasion at McAvoy's side or the Bruins will have a mill-stone contract, there's very little room in-between.

Reactions: Daz28

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
7M AAV for Lindholm is absolutely horrendous, he's not the same player he once was. Not sure why people think some of these Ducks players are the same guys who played big roles in their contending years in the mid 2010's.

Lindholm's microstats show him as an upper tier defender, his macro stats show a major decline but thats likely a combination of coming off the wrist injury and playing with Jaime Drysdale, who is super talented but also very very bad right now. I think he's going to look like an animal next to Mac, although most guys do.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
8 years is a mistake. In all likelihood Lindholm is not going to age well.
I think he’ll age fine. People on duck boards get too crazy over this stuff. Lindholm is arguably the best conditioned player in the ducks locker room and doesn’t take shortcuts when it comes to training… maybe last 2 years… but I think the first 6 will be fine

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'd rather give him more money (up to $8) if he'd stick to term under 5 years. Not gonna happen though. And the B's have to pay. They just invested a ton of assets in him. He'll either rise to the occasion at McAvoy's side or the Bruins will have a mill-stone contract, there's very little room in-between.
If he woulda done that deal he’d be in Anaheim right now, the 8 years seems to be important for him

For what it’s worth he’s a conditioning beast tho

Reactions: TooMuchMan

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Lindholm's microstats show him as an upper tier defender, his macro stats show a major decline but thats likely a combination of coming off the wrist injury and playing with Jaime Drysdale, who is super talented but also very very bad right now. I think he's going to look like an animal next to Mac, although most guys do.

I was about to say the last part, I feel like it would've made more sense for Boston to go for a 2C than find a partner for a guy who's a top 10 defender in the league.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
I was about to say the last part, I feel like it would've made more sense for Boston to go for a 2C than find a partner for a guy who's a top 10 defender in the league.

Oh I agree. I have proclaimed loudly that spending assets to firm up the D on a team who by far in a way gives up the fewest chances in the league while scoring at the 22nd highest pace is foolish. But they did what they did and Lindholm is a huge upgrade on Forbort so here we are. I don't like 8 years but its giong to be 8 years and I think he will look worth every penny because he will be playing with the best partner he's ever had.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I think he’ll age fine. People on duck boards get too crazy over this stuff. Lindholm is arguably the best conditioned player in the ducks locker room and doesn’t take shortcuts when it comes to training… maybe last 2 years… but I think the first 6 will be fine

Being in good condition doesn’t mean someone cant age poorly. Hampus is injury prone and has lost a step skating wise in recent years. All the off ice training in the world won’t stop his body breaking down as he ages.

Reactions: Daz28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad