Speculation: Lindback vs. Bishop - Who will eventually win the battle for the #1 job?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I feel our goalies are still too young to deal with the situation they have in front of them. Too much pressure to put in a young goaltender. Set up for failure and hurts their confidence and growth as goaltenders. I think it would have been wise to get a Vet goaltender to put in there and let the other two develop a bit more and let the young defense get some more experience. I like this team this year. J really do but feel its premature for a playoff run. And I think we're destined for another lottery pick. I think this team will be very fun to watch. They will never give up any game and will have us thinking playoffs at some point but it will be hard with the youth on this team and lack of any depth. I'm really excited to watch this team because I do think they can shock us all. Goaltenders and all.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I feel our goalies are still too young to deal with the situation they have in front of them. Too much pressure to put in a young goaltender. Set up for failure and hurts their confidence and growth as goaltenders. I think it would have been wise to get a Vet goaltender to put in there and let the other two develop a bit more and let the young defense get some more experience. I like this team this year. J really do but feel its premature for a playoff run. And I think we're destined for another lottery pick. I think this team will be very fun to watch. They will never give up any game and will have us thinking playoffs at some point but it will be hard with the youth on this team and lack of any depth. I'm really excited to watch this team because I do think they can shock us all. Goaltenders and all.

I don't buy the age argument one bit, they're 25 and 26 years old not 19/20. Some of the best goalies in the league started when they were 23 or younger and it didn't affect them.

I actually think Lindback takes the job, believe he has more talent than Bishop he just needs to show it.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC

Lottery pick is a bit too low IMO, but I also don't think that losing to Boston 1-0 in Game 7 of the ECF is happening this year either. We'll likely be somewhere in between, more on the not making playoffs side. However, if Bishop and/or Lindback can put up some incredible numbers, we could be on to something.

It was posted in another thread, but this stat is pretty telling:

Rory Boylen ‏@THNRoryBoylen 2h

Tampa Bay was 15-0-1 when they scored at least four goals last season...3-26-3 when they scored less than that. #bluelineissues
Retweeted by The Hockey News

3-26-3 when scoring less than 3 or fewer goals. That's bad....really bad. The biggest way for the team to improve is to show they can win close games without it becoming a high scoring game. It's nice to score a lot of goals, but not when you depend on winning every game by scoring 4+, because some teams just don't allow goals like that (specifically new division opponents like Boston, Detroit, Ottawa, etc).

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I don't buy the age argument one bit, they're 25 and 26 years old not 19/20. Some of the best goalies in the league started when they were 23 or younger and it didn't affect them.

I actually think Lindback takes the job, believe he has more talent than Bishop he just needs to show it.

It can take goalies years to develop. Thomas wasn't great until his 30s. All im saying is this whole team is really young and to put a young goalie to be responsible for the teams success when he is this young in his development isn't the best situation to be in. Plus we have Vasi coming in later. If these guys don't deliver when this team is still in its early developmental stage it could mean back up roles or worse for these guys later on their career vs being starters like they were once both projected to be. It could mess with their confidence to struggle so much early on like they could here. I hope I'm wrong and they come out and kill it for us this year but I don't see it.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Lottery pick is a bit too low IMO, but I also don't think that losing to Boston 1-0 in Game 7 of the ECF is happening this year either. We'll likely be somewhere in between, more on the not making playoffs side. However, if Bishop and/or Lindback can put up some incredible numbers, we could be on to something.

It was posted in another thread, but this stat is pretty telling:

Rory Boylen ‏@THNRoryBoylen 2h

Tampa Bay was 15-0-1 when they scored at least four goals last season...3-26-3 when they scored less than that. #bluelineissues
Retweeted by The Hockey News

3-26-3 when scoring less than 3 or fewer goals. That's bad....really bad. The biggest way for the team to improve is to show they can win close games without it becoming a high scoring game. It's nice to score a lot of goals, but not when you depend on winning every game by scoring 4+, because some teams just don't allow goals like that (specifically new division opponents like Boston, Detroit, Ottawa, etc).

Yea I saw that the other day. Crazy numbers. You wonder how this team would have done with a full season under their belt. If they can do a little better job keeping that puck out of their net there's a lot of hope. I just struggle to see how they do that. Not much change back there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad