Speculation: Lindback vs. Bishop - Who will eventually win the battle for the #1 job?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
With Anders Lindback (age 24) returning to action tonight after missing 13 games with a high ankle sprain, the competition between him and Ben Bishop (age 26) for the #1 spot in goal will officially begin tonight.

Who do you think (read: guess) will eventually turn into our go-to guy?

#TeamBishop vs. #TeamLindback

Or will we have a 1A/1B situation like the St. Louis Blues - until Andrei Vasilevski comes up, takes over and goes on to win both the Calder and the Vezina Trophy?

Last edited:

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Bishop, but he will push Lindback competitively and I could see it becoming a 1A/1B kind of situation. Not a bad situation to have.

We will have a better idea next season. We have yet to see either of these players play in front of a quality system. Cooper hasn't been able to install his this season due to the condensed season and the lack of practice that happens as a result.

Both goalies will get an equal chance to prove themselves.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
#TeamBishBack

#LindHop

I think 1A/1B. My guy tells me Bishop will be better, but like someone said, Lindback has yet to be put in front of a decent system of ours. Bishop too, but he still looks better imo. Lindy looked real good right before he went down, so its up in the air.

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
Until Lindback learns to not dive forward (ala Martin Gerber) and stays between the pipes, it's Bishop until someone comes in that's better. Both Lindback and Garon slide too far to either side exposing too much net. But then again, I'm just a fan not a goalie coach that should notice that.

Off Center

Jun 9, 2009
same as it's always been post-Khabibulin...whoever we've seen less of is the guy who looks better to us

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I'm still convinced they'll both be solid. I would trade them both plus some for a legitimate top 10 goalie though.

Yzlamic Preacher*

With Anders Lindback (age 24) returning to action tonight after missing 13 games with a high ankle sprain, the competition between him and Ben Bishop (age 26) for the #1 spot in goal will officially begin tonight.

Who do you think (read: guess) will eventually turn into our go-to guy?

#TeamBishop vs. #TeamLindback

Or will we have a 1A/1B situation like the St. Louis Blues - until Andrei Vasilevski comes up, takes over and goes on to win both the Calder and the Vezina Trophy?

Stop trying to tear us apart! Why can't we just be a happy family!!!

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
From what little I've seen of Bishop, he's just the better goaltender of the two. That can change... Lindback is a couple of years younger, but I say next year give Lindback 25-30 starts and see where we stand.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
I think Bishop is the better goalie right now and will be the better goalie in the end. I do think Lindback pushing him will develop Bishop into a #1 guy.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
#BenDers

The goalie who will emerge is the one who can fix their 5-hole first.

Either way, with 13 feet of goaltenders, it should be an interesting battle to watch in the future, and see which goalie's "potential" is reached.

Personally, I think Bishop. However, this competition will be good for Anders, and hopefully we have two nice goaltenders. It's been awhile since we've had one, let alone two consistently solid goalies...

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
Lindback was good last game once the rust fell off. Two solid goaltenders for TBL after 9 years of average-subpar goaltending? What a gold mine.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Both Bishop and Lindback have looked good and bad for us so far this year. I really think both could turn into franchise goalies though. They are very talented.

Im seeing a goalie tandem honestly... We have two potentially great goalies... but two potential mediocre ones too...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad