Proposal: Limit thread replies to reduce spam

Add time limit on thread replies (per user)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Nah I’ll pass on the GDT suggestions. I like to think of it like a bar where you’re shooting the shit with friends and watching the game.

Even though spam unfortunately finds its way into other threads, the GDT is a good place to f*** around. Deleting spam from the GDTs will be a nightmare for mods who also want to watch the game and not spend time deleting all of EdJo’s posts.

And HF does prevent non-mods from spamming by squashing their recent posts. Idk what the time limit is, though. Maybe 2 minutes?

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
GDT threads are the best. Let us rage in peace. No limits.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nah I’ll pass on the GDT suggestions. I like to think of it like a bar where you’re shooting the shit with friends and watching the game.

Even though spam unfortunately finds its way into other threads, the GDT is a good place to f*** around. Deleting spam from the GDTs will be a nightmare for mods who also want to watch the game and not spend time deleting all of EdJo’s posts.

And HF does prevent non-mods from spamming by squashing their recent posts. Idk what the time limit is, though. Maybe 2 minutes?

Plus, where else could we spend hours before the game discussing Pizza? Lol

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Agreed.

It's not just spam. Seeing 42 messages in a row in the GDT of "yes!" or "f--k!" after each goal makes it unreadable. If you knew that you can't post for 5 minutes after each post, you'd post something more quality. We all know you're happy the Rangers scored, but a single word or name celebrating the goal is not helpful.
So, we tried this once. God bless the mod crew at that time for giving it an attempt. It was an epic failure.

I appreciate the OP's thought. But I'm not going to limit someone from posting something that is within the rules. I am not going to limit someone from posting YESSSSSSSSSSS when they are thrilled the Rangers just scored. Maybe they are watching the game by themselves and their sense of joy is sharing it with this community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad