Injury Report: Liljegren Upper Body Injury | DEC 17th He’s Good To Go!

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
We also had Dahlstrom, Kral, and Muzzin to start the year. If any team has a better 13th defenseman than Mac Hollowell I'd be shocked. All of those guys have been at least passable this year.

The defensive depth is actually impressive. we don't need Schenn.

forward is the way I lean as well.
They need Gaudette to step up, even now would he be worse than Malgin.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
I will never EVER feel sorry for a multi millionaire athlete because fans don't like him.

That goes with the job.

I mean, just because something goes with the job doesn't mean it's okay.

I can feel sorry for Holl that he is considered the whipping boy of the TML franchise by the fans and still realize his life overall is exceptionally good.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He’s a human being. Money or job don’t matter. Some people are over the top.

Yeah but like I said sometimes fans don't like you that's part of the deal he knew that from the moment he dreamed of of being an athlete.

That's what it is.

mclaren55

Apr 12, 2010
I will never EVER feel sorry for a multi millionaire athlete because fans don't like him.

That goes with the job.
Well as long as your sympathy has a price tag… 🧐

I always find it humorous when people say “they’re rich, who cares about XYZ”. Like being wealthy gives others the right to shit on them. Jealousy takes all forms I guess.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Rewatched the game from the recording. The only time I see possible contact with Liljegren’s right hand was near the start of the 2nd (19:02 mark) Zibanejad lays a pretty nasty slash on his hands.

He played most of the period, taking shots etc. Must have started bothering him by late in the period.

Hope it’s not fractured.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
He has been my favourite Leaf this season. Hopefully it's nothing serious.
He is such gravy and looks like a vietnam vet with that thousand yard stare. He definitely doesnt look like a 23 year old. His face looks like a catchers mit. What a player. He looks older than giordiano at times.... He is that man for surely sire.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

I always find it humorous when people say “they’re rich, who cares about XYZ”. Like being wealthy gives others the right to shit on them. Jealousy takes all forms I guess.

Jealously has nothing to do with it, I simply don't feel bad for people that have to deal with things that they knew were part of the deal when they got into the field.

For example I don't know if we any video game developers here but I know that there is a termcalled "Crunch" in that industry and it's when the team working on the game has to start putting in long hours in order to meet a deadline.

I don't feel bad for them that's part of the job and they knew that when they started working in games especially if they are working at a place known for putting people through "Crunch" like Rockstar.

You work at Rockstar you are going to work hard and you knew that going in, if it's to much don't work at Rockstar.

Or an actor on a successful show that has to spend hours and hours shooting a show and then has fans of said show coming up to then wanting a picture or autograph.

That's part of the deal if you become a successful actor you asked for that.

If I'm going to feel bad for somebody it's going to be because they deserve it, it's not going to be because parts of job they signed up for are hard because there isn't a job on this planet that doesn't have parts to it that are hard.

Reactions: Racer88

mclaren55

Apr 12, 2010
Jealously has nothing to do with it, I simply don't feel bad for people that have to deal with things that they knew were part of the deal when they got into the field.

For example I don't know if we any video game developers here but I know that there is a termcalled "Crunch" in that industry and it's when the team working on the game has to start putting in long hours in order to meet a deadline.

I don't feel bad for them that's part of the job and they knew that when they started working in games especially if they are working at a place known for putting people through "Crunch" like Rockstar.

You work at Rockstar you are going to work hard and you knew that going in, if it's to much don't work at Rockstar.

Or an actor on a successful show that has to spend hours and hours shooting a show and then has fans of said show coming up to then wanting a picture or autograph.

That's part of the deal if you become a successful actor you asked for that.

If I'm going to feel bad for somebody it's going to be because they deserve it, it's not going to be because parts of job they signed up for are hard because there isn't a job on this planet that doesn't have parts to it that are hard.
Then why even mention their salary as you did? Doesn’t make sense. You qualified it yourself in that manner.

Reactions: kb
Mar 12, 2009
Yes, lets feel bad for the multi millionaire athlete simply because fans don't like him.

Poor Poor Justin
I feel more sorry for the weirdo's obsessed with whining about him, when he's been half decent in his role this year. It's like when they've made up their mind, they can't let go to such a degree it seems pathological. I wish they had the financial situation Holl has so they could access resources that would probably greatly improve their quality of life.

Reactions: al secord

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018

I generally prefer the company of rich people over poor people...especially if they own boats.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Then why even mention their salary as you did? Doesn’t make sense. You qualified it yourself in that manner.

Because when that factors in I feel even less sorry for them because now that same actor is paid millions to play a character,that same athlete is paid millions to play a game,at that point you don't get to complain about your job,you deal with hours and hours of shooting followed by autograph and picture seekers.

You deal with fans booing you.

You deal whatever the "hard" aspects of the job are.

A because you asked for it.

B because when you make it to that level and you start making that kind of money no one will feel bad for you You're on easy street, some guy out on a constuction site does not give a f*** about how Justin Holl feels about the fans not liking him.

Some firefighter who has to run into burning buildings does not give a f*** about if Norman Reedus is annoyed by fans wanting autograph picture or not.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Because when that factors in I feel even less sorry for them because now that same actor is paid millions to play a character,that same athlete is paid millions to play a game,at that point you don't get to complain about your job
Everybody gets to dislike parts of their job. Hockey players are paid millions because they spent decades of their lives and thousands and thousands of hours perfecting skills to do something - detrimental to their short and long-term health and future job potential - that people will collectively pay billions to see. They are still human, and deserve the same respect as everybody else.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Everybody gets to dislike parts of their job. Hockey players are paid millions because they spent decades of their lives and thousands and thousands of hours perfecting skills to do something - detrimental to their short and long-term health and future job potential - that people will collectively pay billions to see. They are still human, and deserve the same respect as everybody else.
I find it fascinating that there is a distain for the wealth of players when the only outcome in removing that would mean richer owners.

Reactions: kb and Fogelhund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad