Injury Report: Liljegren Upper Body Injury | DEC 17th He’s Good To Go!

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
in just over a year's amount of time Timmy has made the majority of this fanbase go from: this dude will never make it, to: this dude is a massive loss.

People who had watched Timmy with the Marlies knew he was special, but it really has been nice to see him play so incredibly at the NHL level these past 2 seasons and get the love he deserves. Losing Timmy sucks big time, and it does represent a massive loss to our D. But so was Muzz, Brodie, and Reilly. We managed to survive without them as well.

Next man up mentality has been the narrative all season long. This is no different here.

Rest up Timmy, I hope you recover ASAP because you are definitely one of my favorite players to watch on the team

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Hopefully he’s not out for too long.

Sandin - Brodie
Giordano - Holl
Benn - Timmins

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
are you serious you don't know why I want another D man?
Have you looked at the shape the defense? Just because it's found a way to work does NOT mean it's in good shape, what it means is for the most part the goaltending has been spectacular.
Morgan is out, Muzzin is out Lilly could be out, Benn is close but I'm not sure if he's back.
You tell me why you think I want another D man brought in.
It's right there in front of you
We literally have 9 NHL defensemen when healthy, and at least 2 more that have looked decent enough for fill-in duty. Pretty sure Benn is back, and only Muzzin's injury looks to be long-term. We don't need more depth defensemen.

Reactions: Zacman

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
damn Lily has been our best D; please get better soon Lily. Sucks he was injured during the camp too

this D-men voodoo this season has been weird

MLSE gotta use their financial strengths and build a healing chamber for Gio; for the amount of minutes Gio is playing I don't know if there will be anything left for the playoffs

Gio should be in the pod after every freakin game

vegeta-recovery.gif

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
damn Lily has been our best D; please get better soon Lily. Sucks he was injured during the camp too

MLSE gotta use their financial strengths and build a healing chamber for Gio; for the amount of minutes Gio is playing I don't know if there will be anything left for the playoffs

vegeta-recovery.gif
They better give Gio some Kawhi level load management down the stretch.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019

Have you looked at the shape the defense? Just because it's found a way to work does NOT mean it's in good shape, what it means is for the most part the goaltending has been spectacular.

Morgan is out, Muzzin is out Lilly could be out, Benn is close but I'm not sure if he's back.

The problem is everyone(except most likely Muzzin) will come back.

Then what? What good does grabbing someone to sit in the pressbox do? For the chance of an injury. The Leafs already have 8 maybe 9 that are reliable. They couldn't fit one on the team if they tried.

Unless you shipped one off but then they would be in the exact same spot.

It's possible no one would take a Timmins/Mete/ or Benn or waivers but knowing the Leafs luck they would be claimed and then the Leafs would still be in the same spot.

Unless they are trading for someone who is going to be better than the 6 starters and would play ahead of them when everyone is healthy this is just a sideways move.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

vegeta-recovery.gif
Seriously seeing all our guys go down has made me gain even more appreciation for Gio. What a warrior that man is

Blaylock38

Bleeds Blue & White
Jul 7, 2010
Hamilton
And people wonder why I want the Leafs to add another D like Luke Schenn.

This, this is why
Not now, but closer to the deadline if we are in the same spot. It would be a waste of assets right now. We need our kids in the system to get looks and experience. It drives up the competition internally at all levels and benefits the program.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Schenn is absolutely garbage. He can't skate.
I don’t understand the obsession over Schenn. At best he’s a #6 defenceman. He’d also probably get eaten alive here in Toronto with his skating. But he does hit and that’s what most people only look at.

Rielly, Brodie, Liljegren, Giordano, Sandin and Holl are better than Schenn. I’d also like to continue to see what we have in Timmins because he’s looking very good right now. Not to mention we still have Benn and Mete.

Why waste assets on Schenn? I don’t get it.

kb

Aug 28, 2009

I'm all for another D - IF there is a long term injury.

But Schenn? Come on. We need better. Recycling retreads should be off the list. A #6 on a bottom feeder does not scream upgrade.

I don’t understand the obsession over Schenn. At best he’s a #6 defenceman. He’d also probably get eaten alive here in Toronto with his skating. But he does hit and that’s what most people only look at.

Rielly, Brodie, Liljegren, Giordano, Sandin and Holl are better than Schenn. I’d also like to continue to see what we have in Timmins because he’s looking very good right now. Not to mention we still have Benn and Mete.

Why waste assets on Schenn? I don’t get it.
Absolute insanity why anyone would want him.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I think he was saying we need more backup for injuries.
We only have Rielly, Giordano, Brodie, Lilly, Sandin, Holl, Timmins, Mete, Benn.
Rielly back in a bit, don't know about Lilly, Benn re-activated.
I would rather add Toews or ROR, as backup.
We also had Dahlstrom, Kral, and Muzzin to start the year. If any team has a better 13th defenseman than Mac Hollowell I'd be shocked. All of those guys have been at least passable this year.

The defensive depth is actually impressive. we don't need Schenn.

forward is the way I lean as well.

Reactions: Macallan18 and kb

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018

The advantage of Schenn is that we don't have to listen to the incessant bitching about Holl. Now we can enjoy Schenn taking the abuse for a minute and give poor Justin a break.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The advantage of Schenn is that we don't have to listen to the incessant bitching about Holl. Now we can enjoy Schenn taking the abuse for a minute and give poor Justin a break.

Yes, lets feel bad for the multi millionaire athlete simply because fans don't like him.

Poor Poor Justin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad