Liiga 2022-2023

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Holy f*** Kärpät is stacked :eek:
Kemppainen, Kunyk, Tiivola, Emanuelsson, Ohtamaa, Rundblad, Anttila, Turunen, T. Niemelä, Leskinen, Junttila, Byström, Koivunen, Björkqvist, Kivistö, Blomqvist.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Swedish invasion keeps going.

Lars Bryggman and Peter Andersson to Pelicans.

Tommi Niemelä Headcoach of Pelicans said: Bryggman coming to Finland because he wants to take next step and play for Team Sweden.

:huh::huh::huh:

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
Swedish invasion keeps going.

Lars Bryggman and Peter Andersson to Pelicans.

Tommi Niemelä Headcoach of Pelicans said: Bryggman coming to Finland because he wants to take next step and play for Team Sweden.

:huh::huh::huh:
More ice time, better production/development = higher chance of the into a position where Team Sweden is a possibility. He knows he's not getting a spot even from a EHT team while playing in Finland. He could score 50 goals next season and wouldn't get a look. We've seen how it goes in the past. Guys like Malte Strömwall that have dominated the finnish league, only get a chance when they return to Sweden or sign in Russia or Switzerland. That's becose the swedish hockey system/media need to have a narrative where finnish hockey is garbage.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
More ice time, better production/development = higher chance of the into a position where Team Sweden is a possibility. He knows he's not getting a spot even from a EHT team while playing in Finland. He could score 50 goals next season and wouldn't get a look. We've seen how it goes in the past. Guys like Malte Strömwall that have dominated the finnish league, only get a chance when they return to Sweden or sign in Russia or Switzerland. That's becose the swedish hockey system/media need to have a narrative where finnish hockey is garbage.
Reason i question it is because Bryggman is very mediocre, there is no way he will ever play for Team Sweden, not even in EHT.

Liiga is good, but somehow swedish NT coaches always ignore that league. They are doing the same with DEL.

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
Reason i question it is because Bryggman is very mediocre, there is no way he will ever play for Team Sweden, not even in EHT.

Liiga is good, but somehow swedish NT coaches always ignore that league. They are doing the same with DEL.
It's mainly just hockey yargon. Many north americans that come from a ECHL background as 25 year olds say that the NHL is their goal, even though most know thats never gonna happen. Allthough Justin Danforth did prove that it is possible.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Liiga is also seen as a good stepping stone for players being considered top players in HockeyAllsvenskan but not good enough to get significant ice time/responsibility in the SHL, as the average level of play is somewhere in between

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Robin Press, Jakob Stenqvist and Simon Johansson are some Swedish success stories in Liiga in recent years. All 3 played in Allsvenskan or limited icetime in SHL and then came to Liiga to have good seasons. Press and Stenqvist got KHL contracts and Johansson signed an NHL contract.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
Don't know if this thread is only for transfers etc, but have to say these "basketball screens" and other things like that when player is not with the puck or even close to it have to go. I see like 25 plays that should be called interference every game. And i'm a Tappara fan and they do it probably more than average, it looks just so stupid and something that doesn't belong in the game.

Edit: BIG we got more than half full Hakamettä in here today! Leeetsssgooo!

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I can make a dedicated thread on this, but does anyone know if the Liiga shop ships to the US?

I want to buy a SaiPa hoodie and shirt, but I can’t find any outlets that are in English.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad