Liiga 2016-2017 (rosters, rumours, transactions)

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Leksand just signed Veli-Matti Savinainen. He has played in the WC for Finland two years now and has produced well in Liiga. Can anyone fill me in on him a little bit? Im pretty optimistic.

Two way forward with no major weaknesses. Good skating, shot and hands. Excellent penalty killer. Should score about 15-20 goals if healthy.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
There is a rumor that KalPa is looking for a defense man. Heard it yesterday, the guy who told it had heard it directly from person inside.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
There is a rumor that KalPa is looking for a defense man. Heard it yesterday, the guy who told it had heard it directly from person inside.

With Jokela out they have 5 defenseman + Konttinen who is on try-out + 2 juniors Mikkola and Seppälä.

Kinda weird that they went into a season with 6 actual liiga defenseman under contract.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
I'm happy TPS signed Nummelin, I really am. Right move in steering the organisation back on its track if for nothing more than respecting the team's legacy after the Vahalahti/Nummelin (not to mention Suominen...) fiascos last year.

At the same time, people pretty much guessed Petu won't be healthy all year, and that was accepted as well.

But a hole in the eye lid as an injury? Like, how is that even possible?

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
For TPS's sake, I hope they're paying him with the assumption that he won't play 60 games in the regular season. This is a freak injury, but his regular durability issues will re-appear sooner or later.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
But a hole in the eye lid as an injury? Like, how is that even possible?
If you look at it positively, you could say that Petu is probably seeking to improve his already overwhelmingly good tactical eye for the game (pelisilmä). It's one way to keep up as his fragile body keeps failing him. It's a huge advantage since every other player miss a bit of the game every time they blink.

As a bonus, now he can give those godlike long openers even with his eyes closed. :laugh:

Sabane

Feb 16, 2014
Dave Spina, will he play the rest of the season in SaiPa? So far in the FEL and in the CHL he has been "the prefect player" for European rink. He's quick, skilled and has a decent shooting.

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
If you look at it positively, you could say that Petu is probably seeking to improve his already overwhelmingly good tactical eye for the game (pelisilmä). It's one way to keep up as his fragile body keeps failing him. It's a huge advantage since every other player miss a bit of the game every time they blink.

As a bonus, now he can give those godlike long openers even with his eyes closed. :laugh:

Perhaps not as good as "eyes in the back of your head", but surely adds an additional weapon to the arsenal..

rduck1

Dec 26, 2013
Finland
Hannu "Hank" Pikkarainen returns to HIFK on one month tryout. Hopefully he's grown up a little... :shakehead

ZagrebCityBoy*

Andrej Vasiljević signed three months try-out with HPK. I have no idea how he ended up in, even if it is try-out only, Liiga. He is no match for Tomljenović when it comes to quality.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Andrej Vasiljević signed three months try-out with HPK. I have no idea how he ended up in, even if it is try-out only, Liiga. He is no match for Tomljenović when it comes to quality.
Don't read too much into it. HPK was simply in need of a backup for the time their starter Saros will play in the WJCs. Doubt he'll get a single game unless Joni Myllykoski gets injured. His biggest gain from this visit will most likely be some good tips from the club's goalie coaches.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Oh look. It's the TPS fire sale. Spring must be just around the corner.

Last edited:

rduck1

Dec 26, 2013
Finland
Lasch going to Frölunda. TPS... So sad that they've become such a dysfunctional organization.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Sport extend coach Valtonen for 3 years.

Petr Zamorsky, Blues > Örebro (SHL).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad