GDT: Lightning vs Capitals. 7pm. Verizon Center. 4.13.2013

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
TV: Comcast SportsNet

Radio: 1500AM WFED

Tampa Bay Lightning (17-21-2)

Washington Capitals (22-17-2)

Washington hosts the Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday night in the middle match of a three-game homestand. The game is the final Southeast Division match-up ever between the two teams, and the Capitals will be seeking to run their winning streak to seven straight games.

The Caps enter Saturday’s slate of NHL action with a slim two-point lead over the Winnipeg Jets for the top spot in the Southeast Division standings. The Jets are idle until Tuesday, so the Caps’ tilt against Tampa Bay serves as the game in hand Washington has had on the Jets. As the saying goes, games in hand mean nothing unless you win them, Saturday’s tilt against the Bolts is a big one for the Capitals.

http://capitals.nhl.com/club/preview.htm?id=2012020614&navid=DL|WSH|home

mdurbin1234

Nov 6, 2012
tough game. Hope our D won't suck too much especially on PK.
any news on Erat, Ward and Laich?

Erat in.

Ward out. Likely to return Tuesday.

Laich seeing speciailist. Likely Out for season. May need surgery.

LETS GO CAPS!!

msrulo

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto, ON
Anybody tired of having Chimera in the lineup? He lost his edge lately.. We have a better chance to win with Wolski in. Wolski is a possession player.

Forwards
Johansson-Backstrom-Ovechkin
Erat-Ribeiro-Brouwer
Chimera-Perreault-Fehr
Volpatti-Hendricks-Beagle

Defense
Alzner-Green
Erskine-Carlson
Hillen-Oleksy

Chukcha

Aug 24, 2011
mongolian steppes
Anybody tired of having Chimera in the lineup? He lost his edge lately.. We have a better chance with Wolski in. Wolski is a better possession player.

we are short in LWs. So we have to watch Chimmer though he's been a shadow of his former self. But i highly doubt WoWo is a better option.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Anybody tired of having Chimera in the lineup? He lost his edge lately.. We have a better chance to win with Wolski in. Wolski is a possession player.

Forwards
Erat-Ribeiro-Brouwer
Chimera-Perreault-Fehr

Defense
Alzner-Green
Erskine-Carlson
Hillen-Oleksy
Chimeras looked much better lately IMO. People can't expect him to put up last years numbers. He's having a bad year, but he's more of a 10g scorer not a 20g scorer. His speed looks back up to normal the past week and he looks more tenacious. He's getting more chances also.

mdurbin1234

Nov 6, 2012
bad. is it the same injury he was out due to?

I could be wrong, but from what I remember hearing this one was further down in his groin and not the exact same injury. So it sounds like that whole area for him at the moment is a mess.

I hope he'll seriously consider surgery.

capitalsrock

Sep 7, 2012
I wouldn't mind Laich getting surgery considering our top 6 is set right now and once we get Ward back, we move Chimera down and Volpatti out.

msrulo

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto, ON
Chimeras looked much better lately IMO. People can't expect him to put up last years numbers. He's having a bad year, but he's more of a 10g scorer not a 20g scorer. His speed looks back up to normal the past week and he looks more tenacious. He's getting more chances also.

Hopefully he rebounds.. He's on pace to 2 goals this season. He's been taking too many penalties with the ice time he got.

I wouldn't mind Laich getting surgery considering our top 6 is set right now and once we get Ward back, we move Chimera down and Volpatti out.

I like what Volpatti brings on the 4th line.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Get Ward back, put him on 3RW, shift Fehr to 3LW, drop Chimmer and I really like our line-up. Erat on 2LW is huge, hopefully he's effective tonight coming off injury. That 4th line is awesome.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Forwards
Erat-Ribeiro-Brouwer
Chimera-Perreault-Fehr

Defense
Alzner-Green
Erskine-Carlson
Hillen-Oleksy

Chimera over Wolski every time...

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
So excited to see Erat for the 1st time! Hopefully he can get that line going again!

Lawrencejame

Apr 18, 2012
Really sad to hear that about Laich, hes pretty huge for this team. Gives depth to our third line and improves our 2nd line.

That said, Caps win 7 - 2. Feeling a blow out win tonight.

Ovi gets the hat, backy gets 5 points, greeny gets a goal, chimera somehow gets a greasy one too!

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Really sad to hear that about Laich, hes pretty huge for this team. Gives depth to our third line and improves our 2nd line.

That said, Caps win 7 - 2. Feeling a blow out win tonight.

Ovi gets the hat, backy gets 5 points, greeny gets a goal, chimera somehow gets a greasy one too!

Really? I'm feeling a nail biter. The Bolts always play us close and St. Louis crushes us. At least we won't have to watch him make Schultz look like a pylon as he wheels right by him.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I thought Chimmer made a couple nice plays last game. Just little passes like his to MP. He's progressing probably. It won't be bad if he scores 1-2 in playoffs. We know he is a warrior.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad