Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign Vlad Namestnikov | 1 year, $2.5M

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
So a Swiss Army knife but with half the tools missing?
Like this guy?
e4c0dd4b-b9c8-48fd-b54b-595ab0cbf6cb.png

Reactions: DaBolts

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Always liked Names but with that said I have never been a fan of retreading a player. There have been few that have ever worked out. I did think he had a chance for a greater role when he was here the first time. He was buried behind top six guys so he ended up a bottom six guy anywhere he went. The same thing is happening to Colton now. I think he could lay top 6 but if he does not get his shot this year he is likely to be bottom six his whole career. Verhaghe was in the same situation but he got away and has done well for hisself.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Not really, he was traded before they won the cup, then brought back in the years they were losing......

Not really, he was traded before they won the cup, then brought back in the years they were losing......
That wasn't his fault though. He played better in his second stint forming that MVP line with Marty and Vinny

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Good thing about Names he is familiar with system and players. He can virtually slot in anywhere in the top 9.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
His most recent deal was for $2m AAV so combined with it being only a 1 year deal I'm gonna say no he could not have been had for half that.

Reactions: More 2004

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'll bet by mid-way through the year he's starting to be a healthy scratch. If not, then definitely by the playoffs.

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
I'll bet by mid-way through the year he's starting to be a healthy scratch. If not, then definitely by the playoffs.
I'll take that bet. What we betting? :naughty:

Hows about some Bud Light to honor our other Russian friend?

kuch-kucherov.gif

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I doubt it our depth isn’t what it once was
Depends who our extras are. But up against any guy currently in the line up, it's hard not to see Vladdy as the easiest guy to pull out of the line up.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think the av is the biggest issue here. I dont mind it completely just because he's got the familiarity and he adds some speed too. I just think we could have done better spending there. Hope he proves us wrong and has a great season then cashes in next year.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Still very sad about all this.
Namestnikov doesn't address the impelling need of a scoring top 6 winger. And for 2.5M we could have definitely gotten someone better (Kubalik ffs).

With the amount of good players available, this feels like the first time JBB has dropped the ball. And the overpriced extentions for our rfas are the icing on the cake.
Don't like the money, but Vladdy is better at 5v5 thank Kubalik by a very significant margin. Kubalik has hands but is otherwise a mess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad