Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign Vlad Namestnikov | 1 year, $2.5M

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
If Paul can take Palat's spot on the top line I don't hate this deal as much. He did look really good with Point and Kuch at times. Those RFA deals are a much bigger cause of concern. No way in hell do I want to see Namestnikov in the top 6 though.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
If Paul can take Palat's spot on the top line I don't hate this deal as much. He did look really good with Point and Kuch at times. Those RFA deals are a much bigger cause of concern. No way in hell do I want to see Namestnikov in the top 6 though.
He's got wheels for the bottom 6 which helps but lacks grit. Unless something has changed but I don't think so.

I like Paul playing on the top line but when I think of Killorn, Hagel and Cirelli, I just see 0's and missed chances. Can't stress how badly JBB has whiffed at acquiring a top 6 guy. We have 3. Not good enough.

Reactions: Zwui21

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Why? If he produces like he does with Stamkos/Kuch when we sold high on him then we're getting insane value. I think a lot of this seasons offense is going to be determined by how much Point can do with the other guys in the lineup.

Reactions: BoltzManConstant

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
2.5 for a 1 year deal isn’t a over pay JBB fills a top 9 hole for 1 year and it doesn’t affect his cap situation in 2023-2024 when the cirell, serg and cernak raises kick in.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Great signing, Namestnikov is severely underrated. Palat won't be missed one bit now that Vladdy is back.
giphy.gif

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Why? If he produces like he does with Stamkos/Kuch when we sold high on him then we're getting insane value. I think a lot of this seasons offense is going to be determined by how much Point can do with the other guys in the lineup.
Wouldn't mind Namestnikov on the top line in the regular season. There's a shelf life on that line though.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Still very sad about all this.
Namestnikov doesn't address the impelling need of a scoring top 6 winger. And for 2.5M we could have definitely gotten someone better (Kubalik ffs).

With the amount of good players available, this feels like the first time JBB has dropped the ball. And the overpriced extentions for our rfas are the icing on the cake.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
The only reason JBB acquired Names and not Kubalik for example, is that Vladdy was ok with a 1 year deal.
Kubalik and the others out there asked for a multi years deals and, probably, our GM did not want to get committed with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peacefool and Hoek

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Am I the only one that doesn't give anymore about regular season production? Seriously. Give me the postseason ballers with decent numbers.

That's why this has me worried. Vladdy has the vision of a Busch Gardens Clydesdale with blinders on. And he's already like 1/25th a Clydesdale. We're gonna have to win every playoff game like 1-0 or 2-1 because Vladdy derped when it mattered even back in the day.

We're gonna miss Palat BIG TIME in those close playoff games where we are waiting for a breakthrough. And given how prone we are to injury I'm not ringing bells about him being our scoring depth. His best skill is being Kucherov's buddy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad