Johansson
Alnefelt
Tomkins
Fitzpatrick - AHL deal

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
So much for giving Vasy rest. We won't be getting many Ws with that backup and might have our points total be down this season

b0lthed

Mar 7, 2023
Both EP and CapFriendly have Johansson as a minor leaguer.
That’s what he is. A 3rd goalie. Hose is right that he’s a guy you sign and waive in the hopes of stashing in the AHL. That’s what Colorado did last season and not only was he the best of their 3 AHL goalies (2.33 GAA, 920 sv%) but he was very good in a couple of spot starts with Colorado. He’s huge at 6’5” and still young at 27. I keep saying this, but apparently there are some trolls (maybe young kids?) on this board who want to sh** all over every move, but this isn’t one to beef about. He’s certainly not the worse goalie in hockey smdh

I’m still thinking we sign an older backup goalie like Rittich for $1M. Martin Jones would be an ideal backup but I assume he’ll make more than we can afford.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
That’s what he is. A 3rd goalie. Hose is right that he’s a guy you sign and waive in the hopes of stashing in the AHL. That’s what Colorado did last season and not only was he the best of their 3 AHL goalies (2.33 GAA, 920 sv%) but he was very good in a couple of spot starts with Colorado. He’s huge at 6’5” and still young at 27. I keep saying this, but apparently there are some trolls (maybe young kids?) on this board who want to sh** all over every move, but this isn’t one to beef about. He’s certainly not the worse goalie in hockey smdh

I’m still thinking we sign an older backup goalie like Rittich for $1M. Martin Jones would be an ideal backup but I assume he’ll make more than we can afford.
I don't think he plays enough to determine if he's bad.

Reactions: b0lthed

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Super small sample size but how did he put up those numbers last season. Was it all against Arizona or something? Would be cool if he could shore up the goaltending in Syracuse at least.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015

why-just-why.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad