Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign Dennis Yan to a three-year, ELC

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Our first 5 selections of the 2015 draft Yan, Spencer, Stephens, Tammela, and Cirelli all have ELCs.

Joseph and Imama are still without theirs while Oldham and Zuhlsdorf begin their freshmen year in college this season.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Yan's one of the more skilled prospects we have. He had a very strange 2015-16 season. He started off very hot with 22 goals & 22 assists (44 points) in his first 25 games. That included 3 hattricks. And then only 11 goals & 10 assists (21 points) in the remaining 37 games. Maybe that's why he didn't receive an invite to the US world junior summer evaluation camp.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Yan's one of the more skilled prospects we have. He had a very strange 2015-16 season. He started off very hot with 22 goals & 22 assists (44 points) in his first 25 games. That included 3 hattricks. And then only 11 goals & 10 assists (21 points) in the remaining 37 games. Maybe that's why he didn't receive an invite to the US world junior summer evaluation camp.

sounds to me like he hit a wall

another year of muscle will make all the difference

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
sounds to me like he hit a wall

another year of muscle will make all the difference

Or he drew perpetual double teams and his teammates couldn't pick it up for him. The problem when you're the "only" scorer is that you draw all the attention especially if other players can't get it done.

I'm hoping you're right and he grows into the position because he has the potential for that powerful offensive force like certain other players on the big club we're going to have a hard time signing for the long term.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Or he drew perpetual double teams and his teammates couldn't pick it up for him. The problem when you're the "only" scorer is that you draw all the attention especially if other players can't get it done.

I'm hoping you're right and he grows into the position because he has the potential for that powerful offensive force like certain other players on the big club we're going to have a hard time signing for the long term.

Shawinigan had Beauvalier and Timashov as the top 2 offense talents. Timashov came in a trade around the time Yan went cold which is surprising since he's a good playmaker and they were on the same line to start. Yan will be the man next year because I believe both of the others will be moving on to the AHL.

He's got the most offensive talent of any of our prospects aside from maybe Point. He needs to show more consistency with his game though, to many hot and cold periods.

I'm still shocked Joseph hasn't been signed, to me he had the best junior season of any of our draft picks.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Shawinigan had Beauvalier and Timashov as the top 2 offense talents. Timashov came in a trade around the time Yan went cold which is surprising since he's a good playmaker and they were on the same line to start. Yan will be the man next year because I believe both of the others will be moving on to the AHL.

He's got the most offensive talent of any of our prospects aside from maybe Point. He needs to show more consistency with his game though, to many hot and cold periods.

I'm still shocked Joseph hasn't been signed, to me he had the best junior season of any of our draft picks.

bold? You sound like you all think I sound till I am right lol. Ummm i put brett howden boris katchoouk and otto somppi all passing yan this next year and think yan will have a great year himself but all have higher imho offensive talent this is from one draft class:) which is very good and going to get underrated till we see the numbers next year and their world roles etc..

Gusev is wayyy ahead of him and Erne will pass him this year. The rest of guys in org 100% agree yan will be better than or hang with anyone else for sure and wont be too far behind any of these guys:)

I do not put raddysh being in yans league hes not much of a goal scorer so far so dont expect a lot at this time from him in that way. More like winds up bottom six playmaker he can control puck all that has to develop scoring goals though:)

what is very funny after stud after stud of forwards lol now our d guys might have surpassed them or at least are mentionable in conversations moving forward as legit guys for nhl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad