Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign Cory Conacher (1-year, 575k, one-way)

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He actually might take Namestnikov's 3rd line LW spot if he plays like he did when he was here before. Gritty puck hound, natural LWer and more of a goal scorer than Names. Conacher-Filppula-Callahan.

but with Callahan injured to start the season we might get to see a more offensive oriented 3rd line of Conacher-Filppula-Namestnikov. Unless of course Condra moves up.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
If Nesterov doesn't come back, I assume he'll take 89 back. He also wore 71 in Bern.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I was already nostalgic to begin with about bringing honey badger back but I really think he's going to shine here. Watching the film I just can't figure out how the heck he managed to fall from grace like that.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I don't remember him blasting it from distance as often as he does in those highlights, lol.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I don't remember him blasting it from distance as often as he does in those highlights, lol.

He's always had a good wrist shot, but I don't remember ever seeing him blast a one-timer even once let alone like the ones in the vid :laugh:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We shouldn't expect much from him.

Well I think that depends on how much of a role Coop is gonna give him. If he scratches him every other night like JAM then yeah, I'd say we would be lucky to get anything at all. But with Callahan out for a while I imagine Conacher is going to get an extended look in the top 9 to start the season.

He started his career off like a rocket and everything just went downhill after the playoff run with Ottawa.

ScottyFreakinUpshall

Aug 13, 2010
He'll get time to play since Callahan is out for a while.

In the AHL he was able to take those long shots all day, since he could create space. His one-timer in Utica was great. When he went over they set him up on the PP and it worked like a charm. No one got to see how great of a shot he had because as soon as he left Tampa, the focus was for him to give the puck to the big boys.

In terms of the SC Bern team - the team was awful for 80% of the year. They fired Guy, hired a new coach, and then actually hired a guy a week later to replace that coach the following year. The goalies were awful, until this new coach showed up and all of a sudden the team got hot. They ended up getting in as the 8th seed and made there way from there. Hence why you see them down a lot in those highlights.

I think a good year for Cory would be seeing him in the lineup 95% of the time, 3rd line scoring role. Maybe some PP time. 40 points I don't think would be out of the question.

Worst case he'll be in for 40ish games. 20ish points.

I'm excited to see what Cooper does with him. When he departed town last time, the thought was that Cooper didn't like him, but obviously that wasn't the case...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad