Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign Conor Sheary | 3 years, $2M AAV

b0lthed

Mar 7, 2023
$2M is more than I’d like but less than he was projected ($3.7M by TSN). It’s still fine though and doesn’t rob JBB of the flexibility and cap space to get a true Killorn replacement

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I don't see why we needed to give up that much term to sign him. Not the end of the world at his cap hit, but a slight annoyance.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
If he plays like he did the 1st half last season, it's a great value; if he plays like he did the 2nd half, it's brutal.

Reactions: Zwui21

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
The way Caps fans describe Sheary he sounds a lot like Conacher. Diminutive forward who plays hard around the net but is ultimately too small to maintain that play style over the course of the season and drops off a cliff in the second half. Not a fan of those player types, especially given term where they are likely to break

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
The way Caps fans describe Sheary he sounds a lot like Conacher. Diminutive forward who plays hard around the net but is ultimately too small to maintain that play style over the course of the season and drops off a cliff in the second half. Not a fan of those player types
The more I'm reading and now seeing the 2avv the less I like the signing. If it was 800K - 1 mil I'd like it a little.more considering every 100K counts for us

• Haha

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
The more I'm reading and now seeing the 2avv the less I like the signing. If it was 800K - 1 mil I'd like it a little.more considering every 100K counts for us
What worries me is that he isn't known to be a playoff performer. Feels like we are making the same mistake we made with Names

Reactions: The Gongshow

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
has jbb ever made a move people liked immediately? maybe the paul trade? i guess it's nice to just complain rather than waiting to see how things go

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4