Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign Brian Boyle (3 years, $2.0 million AAV)

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
A little high on the money side, but he's a good, big veteran for our bottom six.

What the **** is up with Tampa and the Rags just swapping players?

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Thinking of it this way:

Boyle (2.3) for Thompson (1.6) + 4th + 7th.

That seems like solid asset management.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Sad to see Boyle go. Great faceoff guy and penalty killer. Works hard on the boards, not a physical type with the hitting. Outside of one regular season when he netted 20 he won't provide much offensive punch (even though he thinks he can) but come playoff time Boyle really shines brightly. He always come up big in the playoffs.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Martin St. Louis
2015 Second Round Pick

for:

Ryan Callahan
Anton Stralman
Brian Boyle
2014 First Round Draft Pick
2015 First Round Draft Pick
2015 Seventh Round Draft Pick

:sarcasm:

Anyway, I'm a bit indifferent to this one. 2.3 seems like a lot for a 4th liner. Or am I uneducated as to what Boyle does?

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
Don't love it but I'm fine with it. Think he's best suited for a fourth line job but he could potentially be a third line center, too. Gives some depth.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
All i know is with Garrison, Stralman, and Boyle we just got a lot of size and physicality added to our team. I like that line up.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Meh.

I've never been a big fan. Maybe he'll prove me wrong.

Me neither, Nate was better at his job, and cost less... made no sense to move him if we were planning on going lateral at best with Boyle.

Seems like there was a handshake deal that didn't go through for Yzerman.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Anyway, I'm a bit indifferent to this one. 2.3 seems like a lot for a 4th liner. Or am I uneducated as to what Boyle does?

He's more of a bottom six tweener, but his best spot would be as a fourth liner. Maybe not as cerebral of a defender as Nate, but physically he's a bit better I'd say. Adding in the picks we got for Nate makes this a bit easier to swallow.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Cap space getting a little tight now. $2m and some RFA still to complete. We have Ohlund LTIR but if you use it it counts against the next years cap I think.

Maybe we aren't looking for a backup goalie.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Cap space getting a little tight now. $2m and some RFA still to complete. We have Ohlund LTIR but if you use it it counts against the next years cap I think.

Maybe we aren't looking for a backup goalie.

Bishop going for the Ironman trophy?

Gotta get a backup. Guds and Vasi aren't ready yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad