Pre-Game Talk: Lightning @ Sens Oct. 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Be really interesting to see guys like Dzingel, Pyatt and Varone versus Tampa. Before they were this dominate team watching them when they turned their roster over to guys like Johnson, Killorn, and Kuch you weren't sure if they were rookies playing over their head or legit NHL talent.

Be good to see how our new guys handle the speed of Tampa. montreal isn't as fast as they were last year, and Tampa has to be 1 or 2 in team speed in the East.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Just noticed Bobby Ryan only got 11 minutes last game?! Whatsup with that?

The Sens dressed 11 forwards so in the third period Ryan and Neil were the odd men out for the most part.

Anderson is culpable for the first goal, but it was an incredibly weak play by Ryan along the boards that led to the turnover resulting in the scoring chance. I like that Ryan answered back by scoring the tying goal, but his 5 on 5 play for the game was weak and he doesn't kill penalties. Kelly/Smith/Pyatt/Dzingel were playing well and got the nod over him.

I love Ryan but Boucher made the right in-game decision. Ryan also took a penalty late in the second which led to OEL's goal.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The Sens dressed 11 forwards so in the third period Ryan and Neil were the odd men out for the most part.

Anderson is culpable for the first goal, but it was an incredibly weak play by Ryan along the boards that led to the turnover resulting in the scoring chance. I like that Ryan answered back by scoring the tying goal, but his 5 on 5 play for the game was weak and he doesn't kill penalties. Kelly/Smith/Pyatt/Dzingel were playing well and got the nod over him.

I love Ryan but Boucher made the right in-game decision. Ryan also took a penalty late in the second which led to OEL's goal.

Ryan took a good penalty lifting the stick (shouldn't have been a call but that's another discussion) of Domi on an odd man rush. The Kelly penalty then gave Arz the 5v3 PP which is what really killed us.

It's also worth pointing out that Ryan had the same number of shifts as Brassard in the 2nd and 3rd period, so it wasn't Ryan and Neil being the odd men out, it was a case of the entire second line coming out less (Smith is got some extra shifts for the PK). I think it was the right choice, as we were defending a lead so it makes sense to play Pyatt JGP and Kelly who were quite good that night, but I'm not convinced he was singled out for poor play by any means. Boucher was just using his roster to their respective strengths. Dzingel, Hoffman, Stone and Brassard all had at most one more shift than Ryan in the third.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Thinking Hoffy ,is due for a monster game soon.Dude has been blazing the puck,just getting unlucky ATM .Maybe he gets something in TB :handclap:

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Ryan took a good penalty lifting the stick (shouldn't have been a call but that's another discussion) of Domi on an odd man rush. The Kelly penalty then gave Arz the 5v3 PP which is what really killed us.

It's also worth pointing out that Ryan had the same number of shifts as Brassard in the 2nd and 3rd period, so it wasn't Ryan and Neil being the odd men out, it was a case of the entire second line coming out less (Smith is got some extra shifts for the PK). I think it was the right choice, as we were defending a lead so it makes sense to play Pyatt JGP and Kelly who were quite good that night, but I'm not convinced he was singled out for poor play by any means. Boucher was just using his roster to their respective strengths. Dzingel, Hoffman, Stone and Brassard all had at most one more shift than Ryan in the third.

Take this guys word for it. I didn't look at the actual numbers.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Our questionable goaltending plus our slowish dmen is gonna make for an interesting night. I expect another 4-6 goals against game.

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
Wonder how many tickets they sold for the game up till now. Gonna get real interesting if it's another smaller crowd... that's forsure. Do we then forsee pressure from ownership to make a big splash in order to draw more interest from fans?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
irrefutable proof

1. There are 3 statements in this box.
2. Two of these statements are false.
3. The Sens will crush the bolts. <<---------------------------- Must be true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad