Confirmed with Link: Lightning re-sign Vlad Namestnikov (2 years, $1.9375M AAV, $3.875M total)

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
If you think (and rightly so) that moving Flip before expansion might be problematic, forget about Callahan. He's not going anywhere, just pray he's getting back to his former self.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Why wouldn't Yzerman buy out Filppula and expose Killorn? Filppula needs to go for cap reasons so there's no reason to waste a protection spot on him; if he can't be traded he should be bought out. And unless Callahan is somehow moved we're almost certainly looking at losing a top six forward as well so assuming that's Killorn we can expose him to protect Vladdy.

How are we losing a top 6 forward when we can protect 7 forwards?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
very interesting and for one fan this should be a super happy day

vladdy is not designated as protected so to speak or as core

to me stevie has kept this window open for callahan over all others and am a little surprised

this shows stevie likes callahan imho more than I do at this point

Vladdy will have to have a top notch season in order to not be the guy put on expansion draft and doing something to callahan in order to protect vlad

very interesting and congrats to the man from ny

When Guys like Vladdy hit over 50 points and or 20 goals while playing a two way style of hockey come talk to me. Cally hit 50 points and then some literally a year ago it was not like ancient history. Played through with a major injury most of this past season and some people here don't want to cut him a little slack for. I just don't get why a select few here are looking to pull the trigger without giving him any chance to rebound whatsoever.

I hope you are right about Yzerman's feeling towards #24, and I agree and think it's true that there is a lot of respect there and he will move others before even looking at that contract.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
When Guys like Vladdy hit over 50 points and or 20 goals while playing a two way style of hockey come talk to me. Cally hit 50 points and then some literally a year ago it was not like ancient history. Played through with a major injury most of this past season and some people here don't want to cut him a little slack for. I just don't get why a select few here are looking to pull the trigger without giving him any chance to rebound whatsoever.

I hope you are right about Yzerman's feeling towards #24, and I agree and think it's true that there is a lot of respect there and he will move others before even looking at that contract.

That hip got ****ed up early in the year, too. Don't forget the big picture with Cally as well - only shot 6.5% which is about half of his career average. Still had decent peripherals.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That hip got ****ed up early in the year, too. Don't forget the big picture with Cally as well - only shot 6.5% which is about half of his career average. Still had decent peripherals.

From what I heard, it was aggravated in Nov, and he tore it in March. Or just got worse in March. His numbers fell off a cliff around March. Not very Cally-like.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
If you think (and rightly so) that moving Flip before expansion might be problematic, forget about Callahan. He's not going anywhere, just pray he's getting back to his former self.

That's certainly how I see it.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
From what I heard, it was aggravated in Nov, and he tore it in March. Or just got worse in March. His numbers fell off a cliff around March. Not very Cally-like.

Callahan played bad the whole year but then again we played terrible during October, November and December.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Callahan played bad the whole year but then again we played terrible during October, November and December.

Cally was hurt in November dude. It got worse by March. He did have a stretch of 20 games or so where he had like 15 or 16 plus points, but then re-aggravated his hip or believe he then actually tore it, and had to miss a number of games at the end of the regular season.

I'm sorry you just don't go from a 24 Goal season to a 10 Goal season unless there is a major injury involved and there was. Some people say regression, but it is not regress when a major injury occurs.

Last edited:

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Cally was hurt in November dude. It got worse by March. He did have a stretch of 20 games or so where he had like 15 or 16 plus points, but then re-aggravated his hip or believe he then actually tore it, and had to miss a number of games at the end of the regular season.

I'm sorry you just don't go from a 24 Goal season to a 10 Goal season unless there is a major injury involved and there was. Some people say regression, but it is not regress when a major injury occurs.

Ya but stamkos caught fire with him was the reason why

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
This contract is very team friendly. I think we can count on the Kuch deal getting done soon.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

But thunder I'm against moving Callahan right now I think I will give him one year to bounce back but we have a major cap crunch on our hands next summer.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
But thunder I'm against moving Callahan right now I think I will give him one year to bounce back but we have a major cap crunch on our hands next summer.

No, you leave Cally exposed in the expansion draft and Flip too if he won't agree to a trade. If Vegas doesn't touch either player, one gets bought out. I figure we'll trade Bishop before the season begins and extend Palat.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
No, you leave Cally exposed in the expansion draft and Flip too if he won't agree to a trade. If Vegas doesn't touch either player, one gets bought out. I figure we'll trade Bishop before the season begins and extend Palat.

You have to protect Callahan he has a nmc flip also has a nmc has to be protected

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Astute observation :nod:

I'd assume we would buy out flipper at last resort but Callahans buyout would kill us to much we can't buy him out to many years left on him. I think is a good chance flipper moves yzerman said he thinks vladdy will get a more increased role next year and wants him at center.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Worst case scenario, Flip's buy out would still be very manageable cap wise. Callahan's, not at all.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

:help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad