Confirmed with Link: Lightning re-sign Vlad Namestnikov (2 years, $1.9375M AAV, $3.875M total)

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Lightning and Vladislav Namestnikov agree to 2-year deal worth $1.9375 million per season.

— Craig Custance (@CraigCustance) July 27, 2016Vladdy

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
This may be the best signing this summer, because…

1- it leaves enough cap left to sign Kucherov
2- it takes us through the big cap crunch next summer
3- it gives Vlady two years to “prove” he can be a 2C
4-it doesn’t force SY to have to move Bishop or Fippula now

I predict he will way outperform this contract in the next two years.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
This may be the best signing this summer, because…

1- it leaves enough cap left to sign Kucherov
2- it takes us through the big cap crunch next summer
3- it gives Vlady two years to “prove†he can be a 2C
4-it doesn’t force SY to have to move Bishop or Fippula now

I predict he will way outperform this contract in the next two years.

My opinion we got to move fippula as soon as possible due to we need to protect him for expansion. Otherwise we expose vladdy or maybe killorn to Vegas. I think Vegas will get sustr or vladdy in my opinion.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
My opinion we got to move fippula as soon as possible due to we need to protect him for expansion. Otherwise we expose vladdy or maybe killorn to Vegas. I think Vegas will get sustr or vladdy in my opinion.

Why as soon as possible? Now you can wait until before the expansion draft, have him for next season, and hope he cranks out some points so he is more tradeable before the expansion draft. Yes, he eventually has to go, but this buys time.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Why as soon as possible? Now you can wait until before the expansion draft, have him for next season, and hope he cranks out some points so he is more tradeable before the expansion draft. Yes, he eventually has to go, but this buys time.

We would only have like 4 days to move flipper before the expansion draft. Rule is you can't trade till 48 hours after the cup finals. So I view trade deadline is when flipper needs to go.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
We would only have like 4 days to move flipper before the expansion draft. Rule is you can't trade till 48 hours after the cup finals. So I view trade deadline is when flipper needs to go.

I love the confidence about the cup final. I think Vlady can replace him at 3C now, but if Filppula can have good start and be more attractive at the deadline, a trade at the deadline would be great. We might even get something back as opposed to having to attach an asset now.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Nice deal. Pretty much what we all expected. Gives us what, somewhere around 6.2 mil to sign Kuch? Just no room for Nesterov at this point unless we make a move.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
Nice deal. Pretty much what we all expected. Gives us what, somewhere around 6.2 mil to sign Kuch? Just no room for Nesterov at this point unless we make a move.

6.6 mil according to GeneralFanager. Now the move to keep Nesterov could be a small one like Condra replaced by Conacher or Richard instead of a big move like Bishop. Worst case is that Nesteov is replaced by someone like Taormina. If Kucherov want $7 mil, someone like Condra is still going to have to go.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
6.6 mil according to GeneralFanager. Now the move to keep Nesterov could be a small one like Condra replaced by Conacher or Richard instead of a big move like Bishop. Worst case is that Nesteov is replaced by someone like Taormina. If Kucherov want $7 mil, someone like Condra is still going to have to go.

That's with Taormina instead of Koekkoek on the roster though. Koekkoek makes what, 200k more? And don't forget about Conacher.

Last edited:

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I love the confidence about the cup final. I think Vlady can replace him at 3C now, but if Filppula can have good start and be more attractive at the deadline, a trade at the deadline would be great. We might even get something back as opposed to having to attach an asset now.

No I'm saying no teams can trade until 48 hours after the cup final

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu

Is this some expansion specific rule that I've never heard before ? Because you can actually trade a player at any time. The trade deadline is an eligibility deadline, not a deadline on the ability to trade.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Fair deal. Within two years, there's going to be a lot of competition for his spot.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Love this signing. The price is cheaper than I was expecting and two years means one less thing Yzerman has to worry about next summer when he's trying to retain the Triplets and Drouin.

Considering there's a good chance we'll have to let Boyle walk next summer to save cap space a potential center lineup of Stamkos-Johnson-Namestnikov-Point sounds pretty damn good to me.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Is this some expansion specific rule that I've never heard before ? Because you can actually trade a player at any time. The trade deadline is an eligibility deadline, not a deadline on the ability to trade.

Well I assume the expansion draft is going to be before the nhl draft. You can't wait until the last min to dump flipper and Callahan. You really think yzerman is going to lose killorn or vladdy over cally and flipper? Yzerman knows he has to move these two guys.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Well I assume the expansion draft is going to be before the nhl draft. You can't wait until the last min to dump flipper and Callahan. You really think yzerman is going to lose killorn or vladdy over cally and flipper? Yzerman knows he has to move these two guys.

That's a completely different response than "Nobody can be traded until 48 hours after the SCF" which is what you were saying before

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Good deal . Excited to see him continue his climb. Last season was his first full season and 36 points and his respectable 2-way game should have him knocking on Flippers door really soon. Now he must prove it.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
very interesting and for one fan this should be a super happy day

vladdy is not designated as protected so to speak or as core

to me stevie has kept this window open for callahan over all others and am a little surprised

this shows stevie likes callahan imho more than I do at this point

Vladdy will have to have a top notch season in order to not be the guy put on expansion draft and doing something to callahan in order to protect vlad

very interesting and congrats to the man from ny

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I expect Vlad to surpass his 36 points season and at under $2M I have little doubt he'll be the Tampa player that Las Vegas would be interested to pick.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
very interesting and for one fan this should be a super happy day

vladdy is not designated as protected so to speak or as core

to me stevie has kept this window open for callahan over all others and am a little surprised

this shows stevie likes callahan imho more than I do at this point

Vladdy will have to have a top notch season in order to not be the guy put on expansion draft and doing something to callahan in order to protect vlad

very interesting and congrats to the man from ny

Why wouldn't Yzerman buy out Filppula and expose Killorn? Filppula needs to go for cap reasons so there's no reason to waste a protection spot on him; if he can't be traded he should be bought out. And unless Callahan is somehow moved we're almost certainly looking at losing a top six forward as well so assuming that's Killorn we can expose him to protect Vladdy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad