Confirmed with Link: Lightning re-sign Steven Stamkos (8 years, $8.5M cap hit, $68M total)

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I think the MSL debacle turned out even better for us. These guys realize that after what happened, things didn't go necessarily well for MSL. The grass isn't always greener and I bet MSL told him something like that during this process. His commitment to stay puts the pressure back on the others that if they want to be like LA or Chicago, they need to sacrifice a bit to see that through.

Winning a few cups in the next decade and the memories of this team staying together outweighs any amount of extra money they could've gotten in that time.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Saw this last night. All Atlantic division teams. Teams that would have to fight with us for a playoff spot and then fight us to advance in the playoffs. I wonder if that was something he thought about.

Also it seems Sport Chek took down their their "unfinished business" tweet from yesterday due to some unhappy Canadians. haha

CmJM1E1UkAA6xyz.jpg:medium

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

Saw this last night. All Atlantic division teams. Teams that would have to fight with us for a playoff spot and then fight us to advance in the playoffs. I wonder if that was something he thought about.

Also it seems Sport Chek took down their their "unfinished business" tweet from yesterday due to some unhappy Canadians. haha

CmJM1E1UkAA6xyz.jpg:medium

I saw on instagram that the Sharks had people speaking with him as well, but I don't know if they were the 4th team.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Bishop, low.
Killer, not sure exactly but he is well loved and favored.
Callahan will leave a lot of you disappointed, but his situation isn't ideal and he is poised for a bounceback season. He has been hurt for a while.

From there, I don't know. I don't think Steve knows yet, either. In a perfect world you move Ben and get Honka in return, and shape your plans from there - buyout Carle, try to move Flip with some retained money, and see what happens. I really didn't like the Coburn deal, I thought it was too long and will cause problems later.

My darkhorse to get traded though, is Johnson. He'll get more expensive, and someone is going to love the kid and want to give up assets for him. This could push Vladdy into that 2C role which has worked at times last season. Everyone wants a sharpshooting, speedy center and while his size makes you think, his production generally doesn't. Behind that, you have Erne, Point, Stephens, Peca, and my hopeful next scoring line winger, Yan.

thank you and how and promise last one:) id do honka plus for bishop

masin? how far is he out? half a year 1 year 2 years?

hearing good stuff on lohin in development camp 20 years old so probably part of it but friends noticing the speed smoothness of his game really liking him

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
thank you and how and promise last one:) id do honka plus for bishop

masin? how far is he out? half a year 1 year 2 years?

hearing good stuff on lohin in development camp 20 years old so probably part of it but friends noticing the speed smoothness of his game really liking him

I know they'll be patient with him, but he could play as a 7D now and probably not be out of place, though thats a bad choice for him. He was very, very solid for the Petes.

Guessing two years?

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I saw on instagram that the Sharks had people speaking with him as well, but I don't know if they were the 4th team.

I heard on Canadian Radio (TSN-1050) that they thought it was the Islanders.

That actually makes sense.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I know they'll be patient with him, but he could play as a 7D now and probably not be out of place, though thats a bad choice for him. He was very, very solid for the Petes.

Guessing two years?

that was my take but if had to we could fast track

was told today by bolt prospects hes not refined

to me he very rarely made mental mistakes solid reminds me of tanev a little the guy you say go do this and forget him

i got fast track emergencies as point and masin i watched a ton of tape that could get ahold of and loved their games seeming to always keep improving almost on daily abilities havent been so happy with guys in chl in a long time. Last guys get me this happy within a couple years was tyjo and palat in norfolk lol

kucherov had no dilusions so he dont count i saw what he was in russia in tournaments i knew he would be what he is. Well if he had the drive to get that I had no questions he was clutch from first moment ever money player flat out get job done in the moments it has to be done. Nothing he has done surprises me at all I still have him having a much higher ceiling

so thank you again. I am gonna buy ahl this year probably so can watch the crunch which ive not done in years lol actually havent done here at all dont think.

Did get to go to griffins and kalamazoo wing games when in michigan kazoo was a block from home watched even high school games.

Got a ton of friends happy they are echl affiliate for us who will go to those games next season

Ekblad

Mar 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
Congrats guys! Im really happy he stayed with you guys, putting an end to all the BS for the past year. Its great having two strong florida franchises!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't think enough people remember that. At the end of the day, he took the most overall money offered to him.

We really don't know the other offers, although, yeah, I'd say ours was at least more competitive than it first appeared. With the 8th year, I guess it's probably unlikely any other team could match our offer.

Get ready for Leaf fans to go nuts on this if we continue to improve. Mind you, involving freakin Canadian Tire in negotiations is just fine and dandy.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Well you have to think it was the smarter move by Stamkos. Of course depending on how you look at it. Imo he took the best deal here because anything more than that handcuffs a team. The no in-state taxes helps out a lot. Already comfortable here, a contending team and a good organization. It appears to me that he was just holding out for more money from here. Tried to get into a staring contest with SY and you just don't do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad