Confirmed with Link: Lightning re-sign Anthony Cirelli | 3-years, $4.8M AAV

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
Glad to keep him but was hoping for under 4. Thought maybe his sub par playoff performance would save us a mil. Merry xmas Cirelli. Glad to have you in Tampa for 3 more years!

Reactions: Ginger Papa

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
tenor.gif

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Nice! Wasn’t sure we’d be able to pull this off. Score another one for the Kuch injury.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginger Papa

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
That's an overpay in my opinion. If there wasn't a flat cap then I would say it's a good deal, they really didn't need to go so high with any of the three like they did. Should have gotten them all for a few hundred thousand less. Having the 3rd year is nice though as we don't have to worry about him for awhile. In that time we just need to move out cap and we have several off the books by then and some hopefully off.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
wow his QO after this contract will be 7.2 avv cap hit just like sergachev
Yes and consider that Point has to be done the year before. This team is going to be rounded out with 700k guys and were still going to lose good players. The landing is going to be rough. There is not going to be a Cap increase for as much as 5 years. But what the hell we have two chances to win the cup before it blows up I guess.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
wow his QO after this contract will be 7.2 avv cap hit just like sergachev
Yes and consider that Point has to be done the year before. This team is going to be rounded out with 700k guys and were still going to lose good players. The landing is going to be rough. There is not going to be a Cap increase for as much as 5 years. But what the hell we have two chances to win the cup before it blows up I guess.
Wrong.

New CBA, QO's are set to the 120% of the AAV of the last contract.

Cirelli - 5.76 AAV
Sergachev - 5.76 AAV
Cernak - 3.54 AAV

So what other made up doom and gloom you guys need to latch on to?

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
It's 300-500k more than I would've liked, but if hardly wrecks the team now or in the future. I'm sure you have very reliable sources to back up the claim that the cap won't rise for "as much as 5 years." I'm sure the new team coming in plus a new TV deal won't help at all.... Plus it looks like tg throughout next year things may start looking up again with the multiple vaccines being introduced. Far from a doom and gloom scenario at all.

Reactions: NatoGhost

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
So this is not a critique of JFBB, but I don't think it's unreasonable to point out that Y generally got better deals in these situations.

But JFBB is the one that got us over the hump. We're certainly not overpaying - but these are pretty comparable to deals comparable players elsewhere received. Maybe it's a shift in the way agents/players approach us or deals in general, but I don't feel like we're getting "steals" anymore.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
So this is not a critique of JFBB, but I don't think it's unreasonable to point out that Y generally got better deals in these situations.

But JFBB is the one that got us over the hump. We're certainly not overpaying - but these are pretty comparable to deals comparable players elsewhere received. Maybe it's a shift in the way agents/players approach us or deals in general, but I don't feel like we're getting "steals" anymore.

Agreed, this is a slightly richer deal (5.89% vs 4.83% of cap) than Johnson/Palat's bridges, who I would argue accomplished more at the same point in their careers. Cirelli's camp had a lot more leverage this time around though.

I had guessed Cirelli at around 4.3M, so this is a slight premium. I can live with it though.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
That's the first one that came in significantly higher than I was expecting. JBB must be about to swallow some kind of sour pill of a trade to make this all work.

Reactions: SnakeIdol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad