Confirmed with Link: Lightning re-sign Alex Killorn (7 years, $4.45M cap hit, $31.15M total)

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
A 26 year old on that term and money is perfect

He'll be 34 prior the start of his last year in the contract.

It seems expensive now but somewhere around years 3-5 the contract will look comparatively cheap (assuming his production levels don't drop).

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Like that he's here, but never really considered him a core player, I don't think he'll finish out his contract in TB either.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah, I don't think there's any kind of discount here. He's not a $5m player. I still think he's a guy that might not be here long-term too.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
He'll be 34 prior the start of his last year in the contract.

It seems expensive now but somewhere around years 3-5 the contract will look comparatively cheap (assuming his production levels don't drop).

And considering what they're paying 30 year olds this REALLY is a bargain deal. Plus in 7 years this team will be so radically different that I don't think we need to be worrying about his deal. By then guys like Point, Raddysh, Katchouk, Masin and Hajek will be on likely cheap extensions ala Johnson/Palat once they finish out their ELC.

The term is much longer than I would have anticipated but it's clear that the players who come back want to do so for a very long time and it's likely an indication of what direction they think the team is headed in.

I'm so excited about this deal.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think Yzerman is putting a premium on playoff success, and maybe thinking Killer has an extra gear in the regular season if he has consistent linemates.

This isn't a steal. Probably won't be an albatross, either. Just kind of an odd contract to give a middle six player.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
If it becomes a burden for the rest of our cap structure, I'm sure someone like the Devils (or someone who ends up in their position in the future e.g. Columbus) would trade for him.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I think Yzerman is putting a premium on playoff success, and maybe thinking Killer has an extra gear in the regular season if he has consistent linemates.

This isn't a steal. Probably won't be an albatross, either. Just kind of an odd contract to give a middle six player.

No doubt that he is. Why the heck else would we pay this price for Killorn? This is pretty close to in line with my offseason estimation because 33 points for a guy who who has 47 career playoff games is a damn good number when he is someone who spends the bulk of his time swinging between lines. I don't remember who it was but someone made a comparison to Robert Horry and it's probably the best comparison between athletes of different sports that I've seen.

This was recorded with a potato some time back but the audio is all you really need. This is gonna be Killorn in a nutshell pretty soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad