Post-Game Talk: Lightning Monday night 7:30 pm

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
he's not a top 6 player, he's not a bottom 6 player. what is he?
hope to see more from him after a strong summer break
A top 9 player or a middling 6 forward :naughty::sarcasm:
I think the skill is there, but he needs to man up a bit if he wants to be an NHL regular.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
guys, balcers kind of sucks

Balcers does not suck balls, he is just part of an underwhelming return for Erik Karlsson.

Tierney is disappointing, has tools but makes questionable decisions for a supposed Pageau like 3rd liner.

DeMelo is playing his hearts out but the guy is a bottom 6 defenceman on most teams.

Balcers has potential for being an everyday NHLer if he learns the defensive side of the game. His offensive game from the minors haven't translated into production yet, but the sample size is too small and he is still a young rookie.

Need more patience with the development of the Balcerss, if Belleville makes it then he should definitely play there to help the team win.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Liked Jaros tonight and Harpur still looks so raw ,but at least he is trying to use his frame...Also liked what Duclair was trying to do on the ice ...My son bugged me so I went to a game ....

Last edited:

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
This guy should be in the minors right now playing more heavy minutes to help his development.

I like this kid and have some high hope for him. He can play a NHL shift, I just think he'd be better off in the AHL, no need to rush him.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Why is everyone always so quick to rush to judgement. You have a 21 year old playing in his 2nd pro season with 13 points in 34 games. The skill is there, you can see it at moments. He has to work at being more engaged but really most young players struggle to be consistent in that area. He’s coming along nicely imo. The defensive side of his game is surprisingly strong. Once he figures out how to get the puck more often he will be fine.

I really don’t know what kind of expectations some have for these kids. They aren’t all going to be perfect or be noticeable every shift. As long as their game keeps progressing I don’t think there should be anything to worry about. Balcers should get to the point where he is a 15-25 goal guy just have a little patience.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I thought the Sens played a really good game against the best team in the NHL & after reading comments on here before the game one would think they would lose by 10 goals. They were in it until about the half way mark in the 3rd period & it was only a couple of breakdowns where Tampa was able to score on them. IMO Ott had just as many opportunities to score & go ahead but as always they never seem to be as lucky as the other team when they need it the most. Tampa will need to get a lot more net presence if they hope to go all the way this yr, they are clearly a very good regular season team but it will be interesting to see how their perimeter play does in the playoffs, if they don't start going to the net with some regularity.

Reactions: Variable26

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad