GDT: Lightning @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Like for the entirety of the Devils franchise? I found a couple more i think! Hopefully Luke Hughes and Mukhamadullin don’t end up on this list.

2001 28th Adrian Foster
1999 27th Ari Ahonen
1998 26th Mike Van Ryn
1996 10th Lance Ward (reentered in 98, FLA pick)
1990 24th David Harlock
1986 24th Todd Copeland
1983 24th Shawn Evans

i yes….this makes sense…..i didnt think of picks that went on to play with other teams that did not play for the devils….. my error

looked them up and only harlock (marty draft trade piece) and evans trade (got mark johnson) brought anything back

thanks for correcting me

Reactions: Hockey Sports Fan

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
They can also learn to manage the puck responsibly and play defense, which would help an AHL scrub like Gillies out. Sorry...I know it's all the rage these days to cite xGA but I'm not at all convinced it's accurately capturing the quality of shots/chances.

Sure, it would help, but the quality of goaltending we're getting most nights would require us to be an elite defensive team that barely gives up anything, which I don't think is a realistic expectation for this roster. This is a young team that is going to make mistakes, especially with kids who are more geared for offense to begin with. I'm all for bringing in some more defensively responsible forwards (this team could really use a Zajac right now) and having a more structured system, but all that of that is going to be pointless if we're getting this same quality of goaltending. And I don't blame Gillies, Schmid, Daws, etc. They shouldn't be up here to begin with.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
We are on pace to finish with 64 points this season. Last year we finished with a 66 point pace over 82 games. These are the two worst finishes points percentage wish in I don't even know how long? Probably even before Lou took in over in 87?

We hit at least 70 points every year of the Shero/Hynes era. Goaltending is a LEGIT excuse, but nothing else really is. I mean, we were winning more when Hughes was injured (which is before the goaltending really bottomed out) for that 1.5 months than we are now. Dougie getting injured for 1.5-2 months is also not a good enough excuse and the weakest excuse of all would be the covid protocols and everybody who ended up on the covid list. EVERY team has had to deal with that to some degree. And we don't know when the next normal season will be. Even the league continues it's recent policy of not testing asymptomatic players going forward into next year, I'm sure they'll likely still have to test players when crossing the borders to play, which is exactly how Jack ended up on the covid list last week before the Canada trip.

I can already imagine two or three guys getting popped with a negative test and ending up in protocol before a 4 game Canadian road trip next year.

We could finish with 70 points this year, but we'd basically have to get points at an NHL.500 pace over the last 33 games. And I can already see that rescuing the coaches and certain players. ''Well we had a playoff point percentage over the last 30 games of the year'' which is like right up there with ''Well, Schneider was a .920% for 16 games to end the season'' and ''Yeah but did you see Zacha's last third of the season? Man it was GREAT!'' and our PP has already went from 31st or 32nd up to 25th or 26th lol. ''Yeah the power play was 5th best in the league from New Years till the end of the season!''.

yea it would be the worst since 86. Ronald Reagan election year.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
yea it would be the worst since 86. Ronald Reagan election year.
Reagan was President in 1986, but his reelection campaign was in 1984. 1986 was a midterm election year.

Point still stands, this is the worst we've been since the Reagan administration. Ouch.
Pretty scary. The worst year since Chico Resch was an active player on the Devils and Lou Lamoriello was almost a complete unknown in the NHL stratosphere.

Lindy Ruff was even an active player in the NHL then.

And no current player on the Devils was even born yet.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
i yes….this makes sense…..i didnt think of picks that went on to play with other teams that did not play for the devils….. my error

looked them up and only harlock (marty draft trade piece) and evans trade (got mark johnson) brought anything back

thanks for correcting me
haha didn’t mean to correct anything! I was having too much fun poking around hockeydb for a bit.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
I can't take this level of incompetence anymore. We have a culture of losing and we only hire the absolute worst coaches. Yes, we're young. Who cares when the underlying fundamentals and system are terrible.

If I had the ability to jump ship to another team, I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad