Pre-Game Talk: Lightning @ Coyotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
I wouldn't be against getting Z and DMo both sit since it would give them extra time to heal up. Looking at the standings there is no one really pulling away right now. We could afford a loss as long as it gets everyone healthy. Kind of a lose the battle but win the war thing. We could win with them out, we tied Chicago playing with just 5 Dmen for most of the game.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
I wouldn't be against getting Z and DMo both sit since it would give them extra time to heal up. Looking at the standings there is no one really pulling away right now. We could afford a loss as long as it gets everyone healthy. Kind of a lose the battle but win the war thing. We could win with them out, we tied Chicago playing with just 5 Dmen for most of the game.
My issue with that is that we are going to be sitting still on our point total for four game-less days after tomorrow's Tampa game. Granted, I'm not taking into consideration everyone's 'games played' count.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
My issue with that is that we are going to be sitting still on our point total for four game-less days after tomorrow's Tampa game. Granted, I'm not taking into consideration everyone's 'games played' count.

That will ebb and flow throughout the season. We're a couple games played less than the Ducks one less played than VAN and even with SJ and LA. You have to weigh the health of the team against THIS 2 points. Will rest now heal an injury so it isn't nagging until the Olympic break and result in more points in the long run?

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
That will ebb and flow throughout the season. We're a couple games played less than the Ducks one less played than VAN and even with SJ and LA. You have to weigh the health of the team against THIS 2 points. Will rest now heal an injury so it isn't nagging until the Olympic break and result in more points in the long run?
Fair enough.
I guess you can never know with these things... Hanzal was playing roughed up a bit before taking a few games off [potentially to heal up] thanks to suspension and yet here he is this week missing a game and playing less than 100% due to illness... so I either take the season game-by-game or, better yet, go without all of the speculation and just sit and watch whoever Tippett & Co. skate any given night. But I know not everyone can sit so idly by while watching their favorite teams play (let's just say I don't wear my emotions my sleeve during games).

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Standing are very tight. We need a win tonight.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Fair enough.
I guess you can never know with these things... Hanzal was playing roughed up a bit before taking a few games off [potentially to heal up] thanks to suspension and yet here he is this week missing a game and playing less than 100% due to illness... so I either take the season game-by-game or, better yet, go without all of the speculation and just sit and watch whoever Tippett & Co. skate any given night. But I know not everyone can sit so idly by while watching their favorite teams play (let's just say I don't wear my emotions my sleeve during games).

I see your point about Hanzal. On any given night you can get injured. Guess it's why I don't get paid to run a hockey team. :)

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Smitty is in tonight, and Murphy will make his NHL debut!

Sarah McLellan @azc_mclellan
Tippett said Morris and Michalek probably won't go tonight so look for Murphy to get into his first career NHL game.

Sarah McLellan @azc_mclellan
Smith gets the start in net against his former team.

Scottyb123

Feb 2, 2010
Looking forward to seeing Murphy on the big club. Hopefully he can handle what Tampa brings.

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
Visiting in town and will be my first trip to jobbing.com arena.
I'm staying in downtown phoenix and don't have a car...planning on taking transit...I looked up the transit schedule and you can take bus 70 to the game....but returning there was no bus and it said you have to wait until next morning for that bus.
What's the best way to get back to downtown phoenix after the game if you don't have a car?
Thanks.

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
Will be nice to see how Murphy's progressed. Was very impressed with him at the rookie camp.

His WJC performance was awesome. I honestly see a bit of Marc Staal in his game. He will probably be our Klesla replacement. Both in terms of defensive play and durability.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
I'm staying in downtown phoenix and don't have a car...planning on taking transit...I looked up the transit schedule and you can take bus 70 to the game....but returning there was no bus and it said you have to wait until next morning for that bus.
What's the best way to get back to downtown phoenix after the game if you don't have a car?
Thanks.
Cab. Lousy answer, but that's what there is to get that far east. Weeknights the busses run later, but weekends are what they are... HOORAY SUBURBAN SPORTS TEAMS!!!

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Thanks.
Plan on taking a cab back to downtown after the game (and maybe to the game)....and strongly recommend a post-game cocktail at one of the many fine establishments all within a hundred yards of Jobing.

albertabound

Jan 25, 2008
Code:

So does Rundblad get time as a forward? Our 4th line has been useless...why not give him a shot there.

Pretty hard for 4th line to get anything going with the limited shifts there given. Average of 2 per period is hard to keep the legs going. When Tips plays all 4 lines the team is more effective. But hey were winning and I guess :handclap:that's all that counts.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Pretty hard for 4th line to get anything going with the limited shifts there given. Average of 2 per period is hard to keep the legs going. When Tips plays all 4 lines the team is more effective. But hey were winning and I guess :handclap:that's all that counts.
It's the chicken and the egg with 4th line. When they play, they don't play well and if they don't well they don't get to play ;)

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008

Tip generally shorts the bench in the third though when the game is tight and the 4th isn't being effective. So the majority of their minutes are spread over the first two periods. 3-4 minutes per period is plenty of time to get the legs moving through the first 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad