Pre-Game Talk: Lightning @ Coyotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Tampa is undefeated vs Western Conference Teams this season. They have given us trouble in recent history. It will be interesting to see how they'll play vs us without the help of Stamkos.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Would like to see Greiss in at some point. Smith has been peppered. He's been playing lights out, but how long will that last over the course of a long season.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Tampa is undefeated vs Western Conference Teams this season. They have given us trouble in recent history. It will be interesting to see how they'll play vs us without the help of Stamkos.

They seem to be fine w/o him. We are in trouble!

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Deinitley time to bring the "A" game. As much as the west has dominted the east in general this season, Tampa has proven to be imune to western rule. Thus far the los of Stamkos has not shown to matter. I haven't watched them (I don't think at all.... shame on me) this season, but if I understand correctly, they bring an east / west game that is giving our conference fits.

Hang on fans, it ain't get'n any easier!

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Deinitley time to bring the "A" game. As much as the west has dominted the east in general this season, Tampa has proven to be imune to western rule. Thus far the los of Stamkos has not shown to matter. I haven't watched them (I don't think at all.... shame on me) this season, but if I understand correctly, they bring an east / west game that is giving our conference fits.

Hang on fans, it ain't get'n any easier!

True, but they are due for a loss to a West team. Might as well be us! I guess we have not lost in regulation either at home, so who knows. I just hope we have DMO and Z back, if so, I like our chances...

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
The story in Tampa is G Ben Bishop. 13-2 record, 1.96 GA and .932 SP for the year. 6-0 in Nov, 1.31 GA and .956 SP....yikes. He just doesn't give up goals. He's 6-7 and doesn't give opponents anything to shoot at.

Yotes need to play much better than they have of late if we're going to win Saturday.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
What's the word on Michalek?

He only played some of the 1st period, didn't come back last night. Just a Lower Body Injury. What that could mean, nobody knows. My theory is he was blocking too many shots, Smith was getting upset, so we benched him to showcase Smith's goal tending abilities for Team Canada.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I like the idea that other posters threw around, about letting Greiss start against Tampa to keep the D on their heels. It would also give Smitty about a full week to rest after that tough Chicago game.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I like the idea that other posters threw around, about letting Greiss start against Tampa to keep the D on their heels. It would also give Smitty about a full week to rest after that tough Chicago game.

Do you think that the team in front of Smith is getting complacent with the shots given up because they know Smith will most likely make the save? I mean, the goals last night, a couple of them Smith really had no shot of making the save in general. One where Stone pushed the player into Smith, and Smith was hung out to dry really because of that. Then the shot from the point, I believe it got tipped, and of course the redirection in front where the puck goes 5 hole on him.

Greiss isn't a bad backup either, I expect to be in the game with him, even though we've had a very small sample size of him. I just don't want Smith to get burnt out. I know Smith is a gamer and wants to be out there every game, a little rest doesn't hurt though. But he is playing extremely well and is dialed in, I can't blame Tip for tossing him out there every game.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Do you think that the team in front of Smith is getting complacent with the shots given up because they know Smith will most likely make the save? I mean, the goals last night, a couple of them Smith really had no shot of making the save in general. One where Stone pushed the player into Smith, and Smith was hung out to dry really because of that. Then the shot from the point, I believe it got tipped, and of course the redirection in front where the puck goes 5 hole on him.

Greiss isn't a bad backup either, I expect to be in the game with him, even though we've had a very small sample size of him. I just don't want Smith to get burnt out. I know Smith is a gamer and wants to be out there every game, a little rest doesn't hurt though. But he is playing extremely well and is dialed in, I can't blame Tip for tossing him out there every game.

Occasionally, this can happen when a team gets a little to comfortable with how well their goalie is playing.

If Tippett puts Greiss in, the defense will probably play on their toes a little more and it would give Smith a full week to rest after 2 tough games this week.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Also random how the official Coyotes twitter handle just tweeted out links to Ticketsnow for tickets instead of Ticketmaster. You would think they want to sell the unsold tickets first...

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Smith will most likely start me thinks...

Big game though. Tampa has always given us trouble.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Vermette is answering questions from fans on Twitter right now...

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
I'd stick with the hot goal tender, but I do still have confidence in Greiss

Anybody still wanna make a Malone for Klesla trade???

I still think Hedman and Rundblad would make a good pairing, but Boltz fans want Victor to be more invovled in the offense.

and to think I was criticized for thinking that Drouin would be sent back to juniors.

Big Ben is a bargain at $2.3 Mil, kinda like Smith was for the last 2 seasons.

Flipper is having a good season so far & with 53.9% FO

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
You'd think with the recent loss of Stamkos they'd be ripe for the picking but you never know, I just hope the Coyotes pull out the win and play some decent defense.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Also random how the official Coyotes twitter handle just tweeted out links to Ticketsnow for tickets instead of Ticketmaster. You would think they want to sell the unsold tickets first...

Game attendance is more important. Concessions bring in good money and someone one needs to pay to park in those spots. Another reason attendance is good is because it will get people talking.

"What is so interesting and why are all those people watching? I'll have to check it out myself."

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Why Murphy and not Gormley? Skills-balance thing?

OEL - Stone
Yandle - Schlemko
Klesla - Rundblad / Murphy

?

Murphy just more trusted to do the stay-at-home Z thing than Gormley?
Just get a full house, then worry about the rest later ... better that someone show up on an already-sold ticket than nobody show up.

That, and IA accidentally put an extra zero on the order and now has 500,000 hotdogs ...

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Why Murphy and not Gormley? Skills-balance thing?

OEL - Stone
Yandle - Schlemko
Klesla - Rundblad / Murphy

?

Murphy just more trusted to do the stay-at-home Z thing than Gormley?Just get a full house, then worry about the rest later ... better that someone show up on an already-sold ticket than nobody show up.

That, and IA accidentally put an extra zero on the order and now has 500,000 hotdogs ...

It's probably Tippett trying to get a good balance on the right shot/left shot mix.

If Tippett did put Gormley in instead of Rundblad or Murphy, we would be playing 5 left handed shots on the ice, with Stone being the only right shooting defenseman in the line-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad