Lightning Core vs Avs Core

Which do you prefer

• Total voters

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
I'm sure I'll take heat for this, but Girard has more value than Landeskog IMO. If you factor in contracts than even more so. Unless you wanted to keep it to 3 forwards and 1 D for each.

Homer voted Avs. 10 more years of Makar vs Hedman makes a big difference and think the groups are close enough now. Though don't think you can go wrong with either of MacKinnon/Rantanen/Makar vs Kucherov/Point/Hedman

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
My listing of best players here right now

1. Kucherov
2. MacKinnon

Tier drop
3. Hedman
4. Rantanen
5. Point

Tier drop
6. Makar
7. Stamkos
8. Landeskog

Stamkos can jump into tier 2 at times . Makar if he continues to develop will jump to tier 2 and be the 3rd best player out of the 8. and I think point and rantanen can drop or elevate into tier 3 and 1 depending on how they progess moving forward.

The only player who cant reach tier 2 here is landeskog. He is a great player but clearly the worst of the 8. Having Stamkos 7th felt low thought about switching him and point but omi know Tampa bay fans say point is better than Stamkos now so put him in at 7th.

Next 2 years I'll take Tampa. 3 years and on ill take the avalanche. In 3 years kucherov wont be as good and will probably be a fringe top 10 player instead of the 2nd or 3rd best guy he is right now. MacKinnon should stay in the 2-5 range for another 3-4 seasons. Like avalanche potential moving forward but would rather have tampas core for the next 2 playoffs

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Tampa and it's not close. Makar still hasn't shown elite defensive ability outside of his offensive upside. Hedman is a top 3 dman in the league.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
This season: Lightning

Next season: Probably Lightning, perhaps Colorado.

After that: Colorado has the edge moving forward as long as all players stay with their teams.

Hedman is the best defenceman in the league and that gives the Lightning the edge right now.

Moving forward Stamkos and Hedman will start the regress and Makar will probably get better and that’s where things shift.

Reactions: BumDum

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Now, it's hard not to take the Lightning because the Avs guys are so young and haven't proven enough yet.

For the future, it's hard not to take the Avs because of how young everyone is and how much potential there still is in the prospect pool (Byram, Timmins, Newhook, Kaut, Bowers, etc.).

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

1. Kucherov
2. MacKinnon

Tier drop
3. Hedman
4. Rantanen
5. Point

Tier drop
6. Makar
7. Stamkos
8. Landeskog

Stamkos can jump into tier 2 at times . Makar if he continues to develop will jump to tier 2 and be the 3rd best player out of the 8. and I think point and rantanen can drop or elevate into tier 3 and 1 depending on how they progess moving forward.

The only player who cant reach tier 2 here is landeskog. He is a great player but clearly the worst of the 8. Having Stamkos 7th felt low thought about switching him and point but omi know Tampa bay fans say point is better than Stamkos now so put him in at 7th.

Next 2 years I'll take Tampa. 3 years and on ill take the avalanche. In 3 years kucherov wont be as good and will probably be a fringe top 10 player instead of the 2nd or 3rd best guy he is right now. MacKinnon should stay in the 2-5 range for another 3-4 seasons. Like avalanche potential moving forward but would rather have tampas core for the next 2 playoffs
Hedman is a better player than Kucherov and should be in the discussion for a top 5 player in the league if people actually valued defensemen.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

1. Kucherov
2. MacKinnon

Tier drop
3. Hedman
4. Rantanen
5. Point

Tier drop
6. Makar
7. Stamkos
8. Landeskog

There is not a single planet where Rantanen is better than Stamkos, let alone in a different tier lol

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Hedman is a better player than Kucherov and should be in the discussion for a top 5 player in the league if people actually valued defensemen.

70 point defenseman are not better than a guy who put up almost 130 last year and was gonna get 100+ again. Kucherov when ever I watch the lightning is their best player. His offensive IQ is insane. Hedman is the best defenseman right now but I dont see him as a top 10 player.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
TB is probably the only core I'd put ahead of Colorado for now. Avs can catch up as soon as next season though.

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
  1. MacK/Kucherov
  2. Hedman
  3. Point
  4. Stamkos/Rantanen
  5. Makar
  6. Landeskog
For the next 1-2 years, easily Tampa. 2-3 years from now, tossup leaning Tampa depending on how Stamkos and Hedman age. After that, Avs for sure.

And if you take into account more than 4 players for the "core" then that shifts it further Tampa's way.

Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
70 point defenseman are not better than a guy who put up almost 130 last year and was gonna get 100+ again. Kucherov when ever I watch the lightning is their best player. His offensive IQ is insane. Hedman is the best defenseman right now but I dont see him as a top 10 player.
You don't watch much Lightning then do you?

I mean yes, Kucherov is insanely good, but there are a LOT of games where he's definitely not their best player. Quite often it's Point or Hedman. Hedman was certainly Tampa's MVP this regular season.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If it’s only those four for each team, the Avalanche four. If it’s the whole core, Tampa because their core has 7 or 8 players.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario

1. Kucherov
2. MacKinnon

Tier drop
3. Hedman
4. Rantanen
5. Point

Tier drop
6. Makar
7. Stamkos
8. Landeskog

Mackinnon is better than Kucherov and Point is better than Rantanen. Pretty good summary though.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I think long term I take Tampa simply because Landeskog is already aging out and was never an elite player versus Hedman and Stammer who probably border on Landeskog’s prime as a worst case scenario when they age out.

It probably depends on how well you think Stamkos and Hedman will age and how much upside you believe there is to Makar.

I agree that we’ll probably start seeing a drop off from Landeskog pretty soon.

Kucherov and Point should continue to be big time players for a while.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
It’s funny, people are talking about Colorado as the next Tampa, hopefully they won’t waste half their window like Tampa lol.

seriously tho, for the next two years Tampa, after that, Colorado with their core substantially younger thanks TB

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Mac is the best player in the poll but Tampa easily. Makar and Landeskog are easily the weakest links in the poll.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00