Post-Game Talk: Lightning at Rangers - October 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
Pirri scores on that 5 on 3 zero doubt in my mind

JT Miller leads this dynamic offense in pts. Let that sink in.

If the rangers actually offered this kid to Anaheim or Winnipeg and they said no they both deserve to be as bad as they are. Kid is a hell of a player.

With less minutes and barely any pp time!

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
One of the best things about this stomping, is the strong possibility that the Lightning will come out fired up vs Islanders.

Question....if the Lightning were the Lightning this game, does that mean the Rangers were the THUNDER?

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
2. D qs

1. Holden's best game?
2. Skjei 2d best d on team overall?

1--Yes, easily. Not bad at all when he's not expected to play 20+ minutes a night on the top pairing. Still made one or two gaffes, but those happen. Good game overall.

2--Potentially, yes. I think he still has some stuff to iron out,but now I'd say either Staal or Klein have that position.

It's also just really nice to have 4 lines of dangerous offense. Top line gets shut down? No problem!

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Went last night. Took Mrs. Savant to her first game. May have to bring her to more.

Grabner and Raanta were the stand outs. Raanta should have had the shutout but the refs missed Hayes being tripped and that kept the play in their zone alive.

Skjei I thought had a very good game. McDonagh looks the best he has in years. Nash, Miller, Hayes all very good and Vesey too. Not a whole lot to complain about. If the Rangers can add the right dman before the end of the deadline, they are going to be very dangerous.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
Very true. **** 'em.

But it's just strange how they struggled against a bottom-feeder team like the Canes and absolutely tore the Bolts to shreds.

The Bolts were on the 2nd game of a back-to-back. I'm not saying thats the whole reason for the beating but I think it was definitely a factor.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Is there a site where game highlights include scoring chance situations, not just goals scored?

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Boy AV has quite the dilemma for tuesday. Can you imagine a fourth line of zucc pirri and fast?

Can't blame him for keeping lines two and three together and reuniting the KZB line. Hard to break up Hayes and grabner and JT. And no way i move Nash away from vesey. Nash has found a line he's flourishing on

Are we pushing a forward thats playing excellent down to the 4th line to reunite a line that had 2 good games together 6 games ago?

Things that make sense for .50 cent please

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Could have had 5 stars for this game.

Narrowing it down to three I went with.

1) Grabner - Hattrick should trump everything other then a shutout! #40 is turning into the NHL's best reclamation project.
2) Raanta - Antsy pants had himself a really solid game.
3) Miller - From whipping boy, to trading block, to team NA, to NYR's leading scorer. Very impressive start especially considering he also missed on another 10 good quality scoring chances.

Happy Halloween!

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Getting 4 goals through 10 games is pretty good......right? Well that equates to at least 30 goals for the season. That is what Nasher has.

What's astonishing is that 4 other players have 4 or more, along with Nasher.

Vesey and Grabs with 5
Zuccha and Pirri with 4

Kreids with 3, and you'd have to believe he'd have more, had he not been injured and....
J.T. with 3, but seemingly should have 10 already with any kind of puck luck!

VERY IMPRESSIVE!

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Watch at www.dtmts.com (Don't tell me the score). Best site ever.
Oh wow another hockey site that's 500x more useful than NHL.com

AV giving McDonagh appropriate 5-on-5 ice-time

icetime-1617-NYR-D.png

Last edited:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
The Bolts were on the 2nd game of a back-to-back. I'm not saying thats the whole reason for the beating but I think it was definitely a factor.

Bolts have hit a rough patch and last night was their rock bottom (unless they dig even deeper against the Islanders).

That said, the Rangers basically outplayed the Lightning at their own game and a game like this in previous years is probably a 6-5 game with the winner a tossup. Seems like every previous year the Rangers really open it up and play fast against the Lightning, they break down defensively and get scored on a bunch. Last night they kept it pretty tight while still being able to break loose on offense. Will just have to see if they can keep doing that.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Kevin Hayes at 50% on faceoffs for the year...really improved on that so far

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Teams play on the second night of back to backs all the time and rarely get blown out. Hell, we won almost all of our games in that situation until last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad