Post-Game Talk: Lightning at Rangers - October 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Hayes has always played best with speed on the wing. Grabner looks fantastic with him.

AV is prob thinkin.....hmm I canz move grabs up to linz third and den haz room to get tanner back up here....

Hayes looked great 2 years ago with Hagelin, him having that speed there is important. Now, he has improved his speed and conditioning to boot?

There's also more skill on his line than there was 2 years ago.

slovakia18

English? I can't.
Jan 7, 2012
austria/swiss
Grabner can score, when he is on fire he is a top Goal scorer in this league,
People forget that he was the best Goal scorer at the Olympic Tournament 2014 (tied with Kessel)..best Rookie goal scorer 2011(34 Goals)...
he is good when he is healthy...20-25 Goals this season are possible for me...

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Is it just me or has Giannone called a number of these hammerings?

How dare you post my video without permission. See my avatar for reaction. :rant:

To be honest i think about that video every single game that giannone does. Just waiting for him to say AND THERE'S A SCORE FROM THE SIDE!!!!

Makes me wish i changed my name back to FTS....almost.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
People forget that he was the best Goal scorer at the Olympic Tournament 2014 (tied with Kessel)..best Rookie goal scorer 2011(34 Goals)...

If grabner scores 20 we might have the worst of pessimists on here do cartwheels.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

If he's just Hagelin-esque and adds 12-13 with PK and possession, I'd be happy.

If he does get up near 20 I'd be ecstatic.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
How dare you post my video without permission. See my avatar for reaction. :rant:

To be honest i think about that video every single game that giannone does. Just waiting for him to say AND THERE'S A SCORE FROM THE SIDE!!!!

Makes me wish i changed my name back to FTS....almost.

Man i remember those days :laugh: what a throwback.

Amazing we have what we have today in the top 6 when back then it was

Frolov-Christensen-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Boy AV has quite the dilemma for tuesday. Can you imagine a fourth line of zucc pirri and fast?

Can't blame him for keeping lines two and three together and reuniting the KZB line. Hard to break up Hayes and grabner and JT. And no way i move Nash away from vesey. Nash has found a line he's flourishing on

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Boy AV has quite the dilemma for tuesday. Can you imagine a fourth line of zucc pirri and fast?

Can't blame him for keeping lines two and three together and reuniting the KZB line. Hard to break up Hayes and grabner and JT. And no way i move Nash away from vesey. Nash has found a line he's flourishing on

Guess that means Zuccs getting traded! :)

magnkarl

Jan 26, 2014
Pickled Herring etc.
When Kreider is back our top line should also start producing again. I feel Buch needs one goal to start pouring them in because zib-zucc-buch played great all night. Their corsi was great and you could see that they just need some end product. Our team is hard to play against because we have 3 incredibly dangerous lines.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Yup it's pretty frustrating. This team could go win the presidents trophy and sweep their way to a cup win and people would be demanding AV be fired and *****ing about a play Holden made along the way

We have arguably now the most interesting team this franchise have had for the last 5-6 seasons and we are still *****ing and nitpicking on issues that has been discussed to death. Year in and year out, the same thing nothing changes. I mean there is no point in getting involved in any discussions anymore.

OT: Defence was great, Raanta solid, Offence was orgasm!

Coming into this game my concern was JT and Ziba being snakebitten due to all the missed high quality chances between them past couple of games. Happy to see JT got rid off that monkey and hopefully Ziba will end his drought against the Blues.

Last edited:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
It's the morning after and I still can't get over that Hayes pass on the third Grabner goal.

Crazy.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I thought this team was going to have to rebuild after last season.

This team is so good.

I didnt think so, only because we had such a good core to begin with. TRUE, very true that things fell in our laps that really pushed us forward.......especially offensively. I mean, how many teams are fortunate enough for players like Hayes and Vesey to come around for NOTHING, and good signings like Grabs and Pirri, oh and dont forget that trade for Zibs.....making us younger. Miss Brass though, and i think so is Zuccha.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
We have 10 players with 6 or more points through these 9 games. Kreider has 7 in 5 and could make another immediate impact tomorrow night.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Anaheim or Winnipeg fans will be outraged if the return for their prized defenseman will be some forth line scrab. :naughty:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Very true. **** 'em.

But it's just strange how they struggled against a bottom-feeder team like the Canes and absolutely tore the Bolts to shreds.

No, i dont think it to be strange.

1. Easier to get up vs TB, then Carolina
2. Carolina's home opener, gave them a little advantage.
3. Just one of those games a team will have throughout the year.

Last nights game.....

1. Revenge
2. Disliking of their coach, and that big oaf.
3. Revenge
4. MSG game, where losing is not an option anymore!

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
2. D qs

1. Holden's best game?
2. Skjei 2d best d on team overall?

1. Really was. People need to stop being so harsh on this kid. Hes playing on his OFF WING for crying out loud. Cant be easy or everyone would be doing it. Apparently the dropoff is less than if "per se" that McD or Staal would move to the right side.

Anyone see that nice offensive move, I think in the 1st period? Wow. Made that nice defensive play, but i think was lucky for it to go right to Nasher on that breakaway goal.

My answer to #2.........no, i think Kleiner is, when hes 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad