Pre-Game Talk: Lightning at Leafs -Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Lightning are currently sitting injured Erne, Stralman and Gerardi. Unsure if they will be back for tomorrow's game.

Lightning in a slump (for them) 3-2 in the last 5.

Leafs vs High octane offence and big mobile D, hot goalie. Lightning rod game.....

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
We pretty much controlled play both the times we played them in this season. I am expecting about the same again at home where they have started to string along some good wins.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Just win, despite Babcock, despite slumps, despite injuries, just win I say!

Last edited:

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
I actually think we match up very well against the Lightning. Vasilevskiy stole that 4-1 win for them back in December and we were the better team in the 2nd game as well with the 4-2 win.

Reactions: Melo Meds

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
It's a tough game. But a few tough opponents are useful to get this team in the right state before the playoffs start. Hopefully our top guns are ready for this one.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Despite TB generally staying about +20 points ahead of us, we tend to match up better against them than the Bruins.

Skill on Skill in this one.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
People think Tampa is all skill, but they're a low-key physical team as well. People wont believe this, but they're actually a far tougher team than the Bruins this season. Stats would back it up.

I would keep Gauthier in as a big body on the 4th line. Really wished we had Dermott over Marincin right now

Reactions: NiftyMits and BTP

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
The game on April 4th won't have both teams at full strength (tampa will 99.9% have clinched top spot by then) (leafs likely locked into 3rd), so this is the last time before a possible 2nd round matchup!

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
I actually think we match up well with Tampa.

We were much better than them not long back, but Vasilevskily was a freaking wall. Some many grade a chances he saved. Could and should have been out of sight but for him.

Reactions: Blufreezy

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Unrelated comment but its really a terrible playoff format when the 4th place team of 31 teams is slated to play the 2nd place team of 31 teams...it’s as if this system punishes teams for having a great season.

Two top 5 teams should not be facing one another in the first round, bush league. Thanks Bettman!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Unrelated comment but its really a terrible playoff format when the 4th place team of 31 teams is slated to play the 2nd place team of 31 teams...it’s as if this system punishes teams for having a great season.

Two top 5 teams should not be facing one another in the first round, bush league. Thanks Bettman!

Wild Card #1 is the place to be...sucks we can't get there.

Mattavarner

Apr 17, 2014
Heres a happy thought.
Montreals in a tight playoff race and we play them in the last game of the season. So we could potentially be the team that knocks them out of the playoffs :naughty:

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Heres a happy thought.
Montreals in a tight playoff race and we play them in the last game of the season. So we could potentially be the team that knocks them out of the playoffs :naughty:

Montreal will be out of it by that game. If the Bruins cannot be caught, Tavares, Marner, Matthews and Anderson do not make the trip to the Island. After the display by Isles fans put on, they are not seeing Tavares play again this year unless it is in the playoffs.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
boston is down 2-0 to the pens after the 1st period; if pens win this; leafs have to gain some ground tomorrow. i don't care how the buds do it; it can be methodical or ugly dont really care just get the 2 points

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Game is meaningless. Won't impact standings. I'd play the game to learn things not to win really. No injuries.

Try some nifty line combos.

Every player who gets a penalty gets to bag skate the next day.

who's going to guard Kucherov? Marner ?

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Watching my other favorite team playing against Boston, WOW Boston is really good........ well at least a first round exit will be the end of Babcock???????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad