Pre-Game Talk: Lightning at Leafs -Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2011
The fact that the Leafs took the Bruins to 7 games last year and had a lead going into the 3rd period of game 7 is crazy when:
1. We were the underdogs going into the series
2. Matthews was held to 2 points in 7 games
3. Nylander also struggled
4. Andersen was pretty bad
5. Our 2C Kadri got suspended for 3 games

The fact that all of those things went against the Leafs and they were still that close should tell people to step away from the ledge a little bit. Oh and now we have Tavares and Muzzin as well.

Funny on the main boards, none of this will ever be mentioned when discussing the matchup. Everyone over there thinks the Leafs got swept in 4 or something.
Yep, best to just ignore most of the post made by the so called "neutral fans" if you want to keep your sanity. The 2013 collapse still getting talk about like it has a significant bearing on the present day team is really annoying at this point.

Reactions: Jozay

LEBOOM

Mar 10, 2019
Yep, best to just ignore most of the post made by the so called "neutral fans" if you want to keep your sanity. The 2013 collapse still getting talk about like it has a significant bearing on the present day team is really annoying at this point.
Fun fact, the Bruins collapse against the Flyers where they lost a 3-0 series lead and a 3-0 lead in game 7 is never referenced as a reason why they couldn't win a few year later. If it's Leaf-related, don't expect an unbiased answer from the main boards.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
The Lightning are the best team in the league, AINEC. This’ll be a very tough game, if we find a way to win I’ll be psyched.

Reactions: SnizzMitch

SnizzMitch

Leafs Fan Till I Die
Jan 30, 2016
Eastern, Ontario
You guys are underestimating Tampa... They’re 52-13-4 for a reason, it’s not gonna be an easy game, we’ll be very lucky if we win this.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
You guys are underestimating Tampa... They’re 52-13-4 for a reason, it’s not gonna be an easy game, we’ll be very lucky if we win this.

I don't think it has to do with "luck". If we show up and come ready to play like the last two games we have faced against them then this is a winnable game. If we walk in and don't want to play, then Tampa is going to feed us our lunch.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Heres a happy thought.
Montreals in a tight playoff race and we play them in the last game of the season. So we could potentially be the team that knocks them out of the playoffs :naughty:

Let’s hope they are eliminated long before then

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Fair enough.

Did i read Freddy will start only 8 of the remaining games ?

Originally, Babcock said they were targeting 56 games for Freddy — which at that time would have meant playing 8 of the 16 games remaining. Since then, he has corrected himself and now says 60 games, which means that Freddy should play 10 of the remaining 14 games. There are 3 back-to-backs left so I suspect that, as usual, Sparks will play the second of those pairs. That leaves one more game for Sparks — my guess is either the April 4 game against a Tampa or the April 6 game against Montreal.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
I don't think it has to do with "luck". If we show up and come ready to play like the last two games we have faced against them then this is a winnable game. If we walk in and don't want to play, then Tampa is going to feed us our lunch.

Yep.

Goalies need A game. or its done. First team to have a goalie imitate swiss cheese is DONE.
Back and forth game.

Lets see what we are made of

GO LEAFS GO!!!

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Can't wait to head to Scotia tonight. Should be a very fast very skilled game. Leafs should take it unless Vasi goes stupid crazy like earlier in year. This is my real fear with Tampa - Vasi. When he is on he is better than Price. He is best goalie in league when he is on. But it will be a great game either way. These are 2 best run and gun teams in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad