Dreger: Lightning and Nick Paul nearing extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Holy f***. I love Nick Paul, but yeah. 7 years?
Easiest way to get the cap number down significantly. He probably wanted more money shorter term and this was the compromise, most likely front loaded to....

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
c4077eae22661ee27c200d2006999ee6.jpg

"*GASP!* I've never felt such power! But where? Where it it coming from? *gasp* It's coming from Tampa! I've never sensed such Big Dick Energy before!"

With @Hoek

Reactions: ATdaisuki and Hoek

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
First few years it will feel like a steal I'm sure. Years 4-7 though.....yeah not so much.
Once the tv deals kick in the 3 million will likely be around 4-5% of the cap its a great deal for us and him today and tomorrow.

Tampa by all means shouldn't be a contender in the later years of that deal so I don't really care if it's too much term as long as it brings the cap hit down.
We will still have Vasi, Point, Serge and likely Kuch then.. I wouldn't be so sure.

Reactions: gn2007

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Once the tv deals kick in the 3 million will likely be around 4-5% of the cap its a great deal for us and him today and tomorrow.

We will still have Vasi, Point, Serge and likely Kuch then.. I wouldn't be so sure.
I don't think we're gonna have an elite 1D in 5 years time to really be a contender. A playoff team, sure, but I'd be very surprised if we were still among the top of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad