Post-Game Talk: Lightning 5, Penguins 1 - It Was The Best of Times, It Was The Blurst of Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It's just easy to be pessimistic about things and think of the struggles as foreshadowing when Jake and Kap aren't anywhere close to our best players with Sid, Geno, Carter and Rust out of the lineup, and the guys they're competing with for top marks early as the likes of Danton Heinen, Evan Rodrigues, DOC, etc.

If these guys can't outplay dudes who are clearly depth pieces, well... Hm.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This game was a microcosm of the season so far (and last season) including Jarry being wholly average…they have no skilled scoring…everyone tries hard, people hustle, I’m sure the advanced stats look great, but the only way we score is from some lucky bounce or defection…basically, if the puck doesn’t go off an opposing Dman and into the net, we can’t f**king put the puck past the goalie…

that, plus goaltending, is my biggest complaint…this is what Sully wants: some try-hard players but no real creative skill…let’s coach the f**king creativity out of these players..no one make a skilled play in the Ozone or try to deceive the goalie, just try for a deflection or bang one home…kaprizov would die a thousand deaths here…the team’s going nowhere…

sorry, rant of the day …brought to you by Ripple or some other cheap shit…

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
This game was a microcosm of the season so far (and last season) including Jarry being wholly average…they have no skilled scoring…everyone tries hard, people hustle, I’m sure the advanced stats look great, but the only way we score is from some lucky bounce or defection…basically, if the puck doesn’t go off an opposing Dman and into the net, we can’t f**king put the puck past the goalie…

that, plus goaltending, is my biggest complaint…this is what Sully wants: some try-hard players but no real creative skill…let’s coach the f**king creativity out of these players..no one make a skilled play in the Ozone or try to deceive the goalie, just try for a deflection or bang one home…kaprizov would die a thousand deaths here…the team’s going nowhere…

sorry, rant of the day …brought to you by Ripple or some other cheap shit…

...all told...this is an accurate....rendering of the situation...and the ellipses leave me wanting....more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad