Post-Game Talk: Lightning 4, Penguins 3 - Goodnight Saigon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
dr6q849.gif

Gotta push through it

tenor.gif

Reactions: EightyOne

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I guarantee, this is not going to get better in the way we all want. The longer you keep Sully this year, the more this season is also wasted.

Book mark this.

I know people want to hold out hope that Sullivan is this genius that is struggling, but when you are having the issues that were rearing its ugly head in the 2017 run, then fully starting to show up in 2017-18 season and now in full force this season, you should already know that they had 3 opportunities to evolve, adapt, and adjust and didn't.

I don't care if people think I am being over board. I would put money on the above, being true.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
@Honour Over Glory It's not that I think Sullivan did a great job last year, but he did make the playoffs and did only lose in the 2nd round. It's hard to call that a huge failure after back to back Cups.

The optics would look bad if we fired him now. I don't care about optics but I'm sure JR and the Pens ownership does. So we'll see what happens.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Back to DeSmith please. Also, Cullen is so bad, it´s sad to watch because I like him personally, but it needs to be said. Dark times are coming, so there is nothing new. But this was a winnable game anyway.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I never want to see Rust and Sheahan again. They aren't bringing anything.

Rust actually showed some heart and rust tonight. Of all the other crappy forwards; Sheahan, cullen, Wilson, Zar, Grant. He is far down the list of the forwards that need shot out of a cannon

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Try hard Penguins strike again. Always 1 goal away, will never, ever get that goal. They are a bad team, bad teams find a way to lose.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
More of the same. This isn’t a good hockey team.

This right here.

Perhaps the most frustrating thing, and it's something that I was discussing with @BHD, is that at 5 on 5, we probably were the better team. We were so much better in transition D and with puck support than we've been since frankly perhaps the game in Toronto.

THAT is what makes the lack of discipline (Geno most of all) and putrid penalty killing even more frustrating.

The two most frustrating things about the 3rd:

1 time all game Horny gets Geno the puck in the neutral zone, on that give and go, and it breaks the Bolts trap easily and leads to a chance for Pearson. BUT, for all the good he does, that is the ONLY TIME all night Horny got Geno the puck.

That ending sequence, Letang had Geno wide open for one timers. One time he ignore him, and the other time he puts it in his skates . . . and then Geno flubs it as he gets control.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Sully is panicking, no rational hockey coach would use his personnel so poorly!

Reactions: Andy99

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Hard to get mad at this team. Rutherford over paid fringe top four D and it is seriously biting him in the ass. When Oleksiak is your third best defenseman what are you supposed to do as a forward?

Well its equal parts Sullivan and Rutherford. I think Rikola could be something. He is at least as good as ruh and could get better.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Well they lost in a way I wasn't exactly expecting.

Progress?

Yeah, I got nothin'

If we were NOT in a total free fall and didn't lose quite this way, it would be easier to take a moral victory from this one, because there were some positive signs.

But, yeah, I just can't do it.

Reactions: zero8771
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad