Post-Game Talk: Lightning 4, Penguins 3 - Goodnight Saigon

Status
Not open for further replies.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Yes, but Schultz alone solves little.

Maatta and Oleksiak have to go (assuming we're stuck with Johnson).
If I had to keep one from the magnificient four (JJ, Maatta, Ruh, Oleks), I'd keep Oleks. He sucks in some stuff but he also brings some stuff that none of the others can do (some physicality, surprisingly accurate shot from the blue line, occasional good pinch, etc..)

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I thought it was his best game this year and yes he was still terrible, he reminds me of old Kunitz, always step late to the defensman and then pretend hit, but last night I noticed occasionally he was in good position which considering that he seems to be loved by coaches is half full glass I guess. just slow, they are all slow...and they have no hands (I mean bottom six suspects)

Is there another option aside from old Kunitz and ZAR? What's behind door #3? :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If I had to keep one from the magnificient four (JJ, Maatta, Ruh, Oleks), I'd keep Oleks. He sucks in some stuff but he also brings some stuff that none of the others can do (some physicality, surprisingly accurate shot from the blue line, occasional good pinch, etc..)

We both know that's not the option they'd keep IF they only kept one.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
You can see an even greater disparity on the PK where Murray averages 25 (not a typo) more shots against per 60 than DeSmith. Yes, 62.5 vs 37.5 shots/60. Just to be perfectly clear and so that this is not lost in translation: 62.5 vs 37.5.

Wow, that's insane. What would cause such a discrepancy?

Also, I could do with less winking in future replies.
:laugh:

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
not much to add here, but

I mostly listen to the games rn so I have no eye test to fall back on, but based on the mysterious f***ery in the deployment department, perhaps Sully ought to go have a conditioning stint in the A. Call up Donatelli, let him Sully go bond with the young fresh guys that might bring something other than...?????? to the table

And yes, the roster as currently constructed by GMJR ain't it...which is why comments going back to last season about who has final say on the roster are especially haunting. It sure seems like a ton of implications that as far as the org is concerned, Sully is god (i.e., the Reaves situation being the biggest one, where it seemed like the decision to pursue him came from ownership, and Sully pretty much went 'haha, nuts to you' on that).

For a guy who preached about playing with skill and speed and got two Cups out of it, he seems to have forgotten even the idea of that entirely (or can't adapt to the league catching up. Neither is good). And leaving aside the massive general underperformance of certain players, the roster reflects that muddiness of identity and decision-making, imo.

Eta: the words "coal miners" are giving me a tick, and hearing the words "recchi's got the white board out" when they took the TO :help::help::help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad