Post-Game Talk: Lightning 3 @ Canucks 2 OT | BoJesus tried to save us but OT wins again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
If Benning can find an NHL team willing to take Higgins, who still has another year on his deal, then he'll qualify as a miracle worker...although the Flyers dumped Vinny's deal so I guess anything is possible.

Different situation, Vinny agree to retire this summer.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Etem was on the ice for the optional skate this morning. Wonder if WD can resist putting his new Tiger right in there.

Amused To Death

Nov 6, 2009
Victoria
I guess this regime has no intent in pumping Vrbata's tires, considering keeping him on that 2nd line vs. putting him with the Twins.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Makes sense to get Etem a couple practices. I really hope they scratch Higgins and not Virtanen when the time comes, but I imagine Etem/Virtanen may rotate.

So we've got Vey and Higgins instead of Etem and McCann tonight? So meh... At least Virt is in there.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
4-2 tampa are goals by baertchi and bo horvat

Last edited:

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Anyone know a 4-8 year old that can do up a GDT in crayon and just use that night in and night out? don't even tell them how to spell the names properly, just let them go ham on it, I support this.

We could also do this with a doctor. Just tell them to pretend like they're writing a prescription.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
smh benning trades a gillis guy and adds a pick for a medicine hat plug while getting older and he doesn't even play him. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Amused To Death

Nov 6, 2009
Victoria
In order to pump Vrbata's tires he actually needs to not be the 3rd best player on a line with a 20 and 23 year old.
That's not totally fair, Vrbata isn't a great fit on that line. Horvat's line has to shutdown other teams' top lines, and that's not really his game...Burrows is a much better fit to retrieve pucks and be solid defensively.

Meanwhile Vrbata isn't ice cold in the last 20 games like Burrows is, and he also is likely to be traded at the deadline. So if we temporarily elevated Vrbata to play with the Twins, he might bring us something back later on..plus the 2nd line would be improved as well.

Not to mention if it's balls, juggling the lines are an option...at least, I think Willie has that option :sarcasm:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So Vey in for McCann again...thank you Willie...that line of Vey Prust and Dorsett will be a sight to behold.....absolutely pathetic....Vey was summoned as an emergency call-up from Utica where he was lacklustre most nights, simply to take Henrik's place for a game and now they can't get out of the lineup.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
So Vey in for McCann again...thank you Willie...that line of Vey Prust and Dorsett will be a sight to behold.....absolutely pathetic....Vey was summoned as an emergency call-up from Utica where he was lacklustre most nights, simply to take Henrik's place for a game and now they can't get out of the lineup.

All in the name of good tank...either that or WD has the IQ of a walnut.
:shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad