Post-Game Talk: Lightning 2 @ Panthers 5 - 11/2 * 7 pm EST - v1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Juu should be a regular in the lineup. He is quite a bit better than Nuti and Fors IMO.
I think both Forsling and Juulsen have been the better of the 3. Nuutivara I feel has struggled, could be his COVID issues earlier in the year. We are seeing the after effects of it on other players around the league , Zibanejad for instance.

Interesting that Stillman hasn't come up at all. After some high expectations coming into this season he's completely fallen off the depth chart it seems. A lot of folks here were saying he was already better than Weegar.

Wonder what the whole story is there and why Q hasn't even tried him out one more time. At least he's getting time now in Syracuse. So far so good though, 2 Assists and a +5 in 2 games.

Reactions: KW

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I think both Forsling and Juulsen have been the better of the 3. Nuutivara I feel has struggled, could be his COVID issues earlier in the year. We are seeing the after effects of it on other players around the league , Zibanejad for instance.

Interesting that Stillman hasn't come up at all. After some high expectations coming into this season he's completely fallen off the depth chart it seems. A lot of folks here were saying he was already better than Weegar.

Wonder what the whole story is there and why Q hasn't even tried him out one more time. At least he's getting time now in Syracuse. So far so good though, 2 Assists and a +5 in 2 games.
I think the order of the 3 you mention is Juu > Fors > Nuti. Small sample size but that’s my first impressions eye test. (No fancy calculators or 2 million lines of code involved.)

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

I mean Stillman did not look so great: I also think Stralman might have made him look better last season like he did for Matheson pre-Matheson injury.

I think Nuti has shown great skating and offensive skill but it’s diminished when we have Yandle. By pairing I thought Forsling was the best for Stralman

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002

That one Stillman-Strålman game was just the worst and there's a lot of competition, so it makes sense to let him be good and grow in Syracuse.

Forsling and Juulsen have exceeded our expectations while Nuti has disappointed so far. I think Nuti has looked better with each game, and there's probably more potential there. So in a few games he should prove to be the better option in most situations. Juulsen's more physical presence may fit better against some opponents though. It would be interesting to see Nuti with Ekblad if Weegar needs a rest eventually.

Reactions: Ghoste

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
That one Stillman-Strålman game was just the worst and there's a lot of competition, so it makes sense to let him be good and grow in Syracuse.

Forsling and Juulsen have exceeded our expectations while Nuti has disappointed so far. I think Nuti has looked better with each game, and there's probably more potential there. So in a few games he should prove to be the better option in most situations. Juulsen's more physical presence may fit better against some opponents though. It would be interesting to see Nuti with Ekblad if Weegar needs a rest eventually.

The thing is tho that Stillman played 34 games in the previous season and coming in this season he probably thought that he was going to be a regular roster player as a bottom pairing dman. Instead Zito/Q hired more competition for that spot and he ofc became overzealous in his first game of the season which resulted in numerous mistakes, like going for a big hit and playing himself out of situations.

Forsling and Juulsen have had couple of decent games but as the sample size grows we will see some of the reasons why they originally found themselves in waivers.

5 Hole

Oct 2, 2011
Woodbine, GA
A little nervous, but keeping hope alive that we rise to the occasion. A win would be quite a statement - especially if we allow 2 or less goals against.

PC76

Aug 24, 2016
NHL.com Super 16 has the Florida Panthers at number 9 with a bullet?

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I wonder when Connolly will be on the list. Doesnt seem to care much about COVID seen in this pic posted by a Panthers fan online

148833951_10218747490179419_8647342372573451442_n.jpg

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Sucks. And I don’t really agree with putting connolly there, but it’s probably just so the other lines can stay intact. And who knows, this is just to start, they could switch it up if it’s not working. Would’ve been curious to see Tippett, or even vatrano to keep the speed there. Obviously Huberdeau but Verhaeghe would have to switch to RW in that case

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Remember, just because Connolly starts on the first line doesn't mean he will be there all game.

Q switches up the lines throughout the game so if Connolly isn't meshing with Barkov, IMO, Tippet will spend some time on the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad