Post-Game Talk: Lightning 2 @ Panthers 5 - 11/2 * 7 pm EST - v1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
The Panthers can beat the Lightning if they play the perfect game. Just play like you're the best team in the NHL in this mini-series. It sounds simple, but just be better than your opponent. Out work your opposition.
:GWC:

Three points is minimum. Four Points would be excellent in my mind.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I agree that we sometimes do play well against them but I can’t get that 5-0 drubbing we took right before the qualifying round out of my head.

-ghoste

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
My highend expectations is 2 points. Realistic 1 point. Anything 2 or more is exceptional with the way we've been playing

If/when we let Hedman & Sergachev move around the puck/shoot without any pressure from our forwards it's gonna be a massacre

Reactions: PSLguy

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Stay out of the box.
Use our speed.
Get physical with them, teams like Columbus give them issues.

For whatever reason we play them fairly well and obviously no kucherov helps. Out of the 6 possible points I’m realistically hoping for 2pt, 3pt I’d be very happy with, anything more I’d be ecstatic

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Play solid team defense, clog center ice, don't let their defense play catch at the blue line until they see an opening, play a clean physical game, stay out of the box, and Bob/Dreidger next to play a solid game in goal.

If they execute the above they should get at least three points.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Play solid team defense, clog center ice, don't let their defense play catch at the blue line until they see an opening, play a clean physical game, stay out of the box, and Bob/Dreidger next to play a solid game in goal.

Probably going to violate every one of those guidelines.

Tampax seven, Panthers one... Acciari gets his first goal of the season.

Pragmatic Panther

Feb 7, 2018
Tampa doesn’t usually fare well against physical teams. Need to play a structured game, need to get pucks in deep, can’t be taking penalties. I see the Cardiac cats getting 3 points.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Goals aside, Wenn was more noticeable in the O-zone last game. Hopefully it continues. And Duke needs to break on through to the other side.

-ghoste

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.

I agree. The problem is the solid defense thing is too seldom an occurrence.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Goals aside, Wenn was more noticeable in the O-zone last game. Hopefully it continues. And Duke needs to break on through to the other side.

-ghoste

He tries to be too cute all the time. There's no questions he's skilled as hell, but he doesn't have to dangle and beat everyone on the ice to score.

I think it was last game against the Red Wings when he a semi-breakaway and should've just shot but tried to go through the Dmans legs and ended up losing the puck. Just f***ing shoot!

I'd like to see Forsling back in, he was good when in.

Bob better play good.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
If I were Q, I'd dress 7 d-men. Tampa's speed is probably going to expose Yands. We can't afford to be benching and double shifting blueliners (if not this game then next game), especially if we end up killing penalties all night.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I would take 2 of 8 vs them and Carolina lol. At least Florida historically plays Tampa well but man they are ridiculously good.
They are good, but I've been watching a few of their games lately.

Teams play the Lightning very scared. The give them so much space on the ice in fear of making a mistake, and obviously they take advantage of it.

If the Cats can pressure them and give more effort than the Bolts do, they can beat them. Tampa is getting by because teams are afraid of them. If the Cats show no fear, they will be successful.

If they are timid and afraid of making a mistake, Tampa will systematically destroy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad