life after the Coyotes: if the team leaves how will it affect hockey in PHX?

Captain Mittens*

I hope the Yotes don't move. I have relatives in Phoenix and every Yotes fan (ok almost everyone) is an awesome hockey fan. You guys deserve better.

If something happens, I know the kings are rivals and all, but you guys are all welcome as Kings fans.

good luck tomorrow :)

Mr Pukhead

Where's my ambulance
Jan 18, 2011
I was told the Polar Ice sale went through this weekend and it was to a hockey guy (his son plays in AHL or something like that) so it looks like they are going to be safe.

Yeah, but is there an out clause?

Oh, sorry, force of habit.

TickleMeYandle

Not so fast,
Dec 19, 2011
I was told the Polar Ice sale went through this weekend and it was to a hockey guy (his son plays in AHL or something like that) so it looks like they are going to be safe.

Who? Was it all three rinks or just one? I thought the deadline for bids was May 30, so for it to already be done on July 1 seems really, really quick. Or maybe I'm just thinking these things run on Coyote time?

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Who? Was it all three rinks or just one? I thought the deadline for bids was May 30, so for it to already be done on July 1 seems really, really quick. Or maybe I'm just thinking these things run on Coyote time?
I was told all of them were bought by Lee Ploszaj for $20-25 million.

Rbenj

May 10, 2007
Surprise AZ

Thanks for this info.
I hope he knows how to run ice facilities since all previous Polar Ice owners didn't.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
One would think that ice rinks in AZ would do crazy levels of business. Not like they are abundant, or people can just go skate on a local pond. I wonder if they could stay operational while running as non profits, donating a large portion of the ice time to local youth hockey..

Rbenj

May 10, 2007
Surprise AZ
I was told all of them were bought by Lee Ploszaj for $20-25 million.

Have you heard anything further?
Is he affiliated with the Caha group or the Arcadia group that both put in bids?
I'm really interested in this hoping that they'll keep them as "ice" facilities instead of "turf".
(Got kids in playing in Peoria).

You can just pm me if you'd rather not make the info public.
Thanks!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad