Recalled/Assigned: Libor Sulak

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
but it was an emergency call up. doesn't that mean someone is hurt?

Yeah I didnt read that... He'll play for sure if hes an emergency guy. My guess is Rasmussen is hurt from last game, Witkowski plays forward and sulak plays D

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I'm guessing De La Rose is going to miss a game or more, and maybe Rasmussens injury is worse that originally thought?

If those two are out, they'd probably dress Witkowski at wing and need another Dman.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I'm guessing De La Rose is going to miss a game or more, and maybe Rasmussens injury is worse that originally thought?

If those two are out, they'd probably dress Witkowski at wing and need another Dman.

I feel like there would have to be multiple injuries as well. If it was just JDLR or just Rasmussen, I imagine they would slot in Kuffner at forward and leave Witkowski on D.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I feel like there would have to be multiple injuries as well. If it was just JDLR or just Rasmussen, I imagine they would slot in Kuffner at forward and leave Witkowski on D.

IIRC, the way emergency re-calls work is that you basically tell the league "Hey this guy (or guys) might not play which would leave us with less than 18skaters/12forwards/6D/2G, so we need to bring somebody up".

That player stays up on emergency as long as they are still in an "emergency" situation or until those guys that might not play creating the emergency return to the line-up.

I would imagine travel is a factor as well? GR is in Texas on a roadtrip and the Wings are on the way to St. Louis.

They probably told the league that DLR and Rasmussen are questionable and they may need an extra body. They can give Sulak a one game look even if somebody is a healthy scratch, and then send him back down.

Then again, Ehn is still up on emergency re-call while Kuffner and Hirose have each been a healthy scratch, so who really knows...

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
IIRC, the way emergency re-calls work is that you basically tell the league "Hey this guy (or guys) might not play which would leave us with less than 18skaters/12forwards/6D/2G, so we need to bring somebody up".

That player stays up on emergency as long as they are still in an "emergency" situation or those guys that might not play return to the line-up.

I would imagine travel is a factor as well? GR is in Texas on a roadtrip and the Wings are on the way to St. Louis.

They probably told the league that DLR and Rasmussen are questionable and they may need an extra body. They can give Sulak a one game look even if somebody is a healthy scratch, and then send him back down.

Then again, Ehn is still up on emergency re-call while Kuffner and Hirose have each been a healthy scratch, so who really knows...

Is there a point where an emergency call-up has to cease being an emergency? With Abdelkader being out for the season, the emergency of having an open roster spot is continued, even if Ehn came up originally for Larkin(?) Vanek(?)

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Is there a point where an emergency call-up has to cease being an emergency? With Abdelkader being out for the season, the emergency of having an open roster spot is continued, even if Ehn came up originally for Larkin(?) Vanek(?)

That's where I'm confused as well.

I would think the fact that they can sit one of Kuffner or Hirose as a healthy scratch would also negate Ehn's emergency recall and make it where he would need to be re-assigned...

I mean maybe emergency recall is handled real loose by the league at this point in the season.... When Ehn was first emergency recalled, they had Witkowski and Bowey alternating sitting and dressing and could've dressed Witkowski at wing, but I guess the league didn't care?

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
That's where I'm confused as well.

I would think the fact that they can sit one of Kuffner or Hirose as a healthy scratch would also negate Ehn's emergency recall and make it where he would need to be re-assigned...

I mean maybe emergency recall is handled real loose by the league at this point in the season.... When Ehn was first emergency recalled, they had Witkowski and Bowey alternating sitting and dressing and could've dressed Witkowski at wing, but I guess the league didn't care?

The only thing that I can imagine is they treat emergency call ups as someone who was on the roster is hurt. Period. End of discussion. It's the only thing that I can conceptualize the rule to be at this point.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Helm/Glendenning as top line wingers. God I've not seen things so poor around here in a LONG, LONG time. lol.

Praise Sulak for... whatever you can think of because he's actually basically done nothing... So whatever people make up I'll go along with.

This is just quick money grab stuff for lesser fellas before they move on. Lashoffs only up for a quick pay-day because of his allegiance with the Griffins, countinuously signing here knowning he'll never play more than these last few games. Not bad... for him personally.

Outside of tank mode I have no idea why Lashoff/Sulak are here but at the sametime I'm alright with it so we can lose ... all our remaining games lol.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I'd guess since Daley is out we're going to have a defenseman carousel in these last few games. I think Cholo, Sulak, and Hicketts will all be played a couple games, maybe even Saarijarvi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad