Recalled/Assigned: Libor Sulak

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I'd guess since Daley is out we're going to have a defenseman carousel in these last few games. I think Cholo, Sulak, and Hicketts will all be played a couple games, maybe even Saarijarvi.

That's going to be tough with only 2 remaining regular non-emergency call-ups and Ericsson supposedly returning this weekend.

I'd imagine they're good with the 52 games they saw out of Cholowski and would rather he get acclimated as an offensive contributor to GR's blueline for the rest of the season and the playoffs until Hronek goes back down (if he even goes back down).

I would think the priority for dmen to get looks would be Sulak and Hicketts. Sulak could push to go back to Europe instead of signing a 2-way extension, and Hicketts loses waiver exemption next season and needs an extension, so they probably want to see what they have in those guys to help decide what they do with them for next season.

As for Saarijarvi, it never really seems like he's on the coaching staff or FO's radar to have an NHL future. Maybe he gets looks next year after a full season as a regular in GR.

Then again, when they had a chance to call up one of those guys on emergency recall, they opted for Lashoff. So who knows...

Reactions: Winger98

RedWingsDad

Jul 30, 2013
I'm excited to see this guy play - I liked him in the pre-season.. at least he showed some moxy and emotion out there.. he can help Bertizzi carry that load for most of the rest of the team who come off as wimpy and/or emotionless automatons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->