Confirmed with Link: Libor Sulak heading to the Grand Rapids Griffins

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
anyone got any insight on this kid?

ask Henkka, he gives glowing reviews of this kid :sarcasm:

His numbers look pretty good but henkka said he suffers from Brendan smith syndrome - looks good on paper, is pretty garbage in reality. I dont know of anyone else here that has actually watched him, other than during the preseason when he got a few games with us.

Reactions: Henkka and ChadS

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

His numbers look pretty good but henkka said he suffers from Brendan smith syndrome - looks good on paper, is pretty garbage in reality. I dont know of anyone else here that has actually watched him, other than during the preseason when he got a few games with us.
well... darn

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
If nothing else, maybe he can give us information about interest rates.

Libor, you know
XS5LK.gif

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
If nothing else, maybe he can give us information about interest rates.

Libor, you know
N E R D

Yay....

I mean c'mon guys. The chances of us picking up a random, difference making d-man out of the blue are pretty slim to none. Most of the time they're drafted and if they're undrafted, why not go to a team that's decent, not a dumpster fire.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
What I saw of him in training camp was this.
He was absolutely garbage in the defensive end. So bad that it was impossible not to notice.

But then out of nowhere he snuck in from the point on a rush and fired a cannon shot into the goal. At least I think that's what I remember.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
If Libor does reports directly to Detroit and plays for the Wings, would that count as the Wings final recall player? I would figure that if he does come to North America, he would end up in Grand Rapids and sign him on a ATO contract for the remainder of this season for him to be allowed to play for the Griffins in the regular season and playoffs. So far no word here in GR if he is coming to play here or not.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
No insight on the player, but insight on the thought of him coming over straight to Detroit: why not?

Doesn't cost us a post-deadline call up, probably won't play a ton, but can get a little bit of exposure to North American hockey. Maybe he gets a few looks over Jensen for a bit. Maybe the older guys get a night off. Who cares? Yeah, I would rather see Hronek or Hicketts, but literally any prospect getting a chance to learn on the job is fine with me.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Looked pretty awful at times in training camp, but also displayed some good tools. Nothing wrong with getting a look at him, we need to figure out who goes where next season.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Aren't we pretty packed on defense in GR? Why send another "meh" guy down there to just jam it up even more?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
What I saw of him in training camp was this.
He was absolutely garbage in the defensive end. So bad that it was impossible not to notice.

But then out of nowhere he snuck in from the point on a rush and fired a cannon shot into the goal. At least I think that's what I remember.

He was the same player also in Finland. My highest hope is to give him some sort of chance and then trade for a low pick. :P

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Aren't we pretty packed on defense in GR? Why send another "meh" guy down there to just jam it up even more?

We are jammed pack full of d-men here in GR. If he clears his medical issue and does come down, I do not expect him to play much if at all since the Griffins are in a middle of trying to get into the playoffs.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
He looked good at times during the prospects tournament, but that could be due to the fact he was playing against a lot of teenagers as a 20something year-old.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
N E R D

Yay....

I mean c'mon guys. The chances of us picking up a random, difference making d-man out of the blue are pretty slim to none. Most of the time they're drafted and if they're undrafted, why not go to a team that's decent, not a dumpster fire.

Hell yes I’m a nerd

Attachments

• E25699AE-A61E-4D38-9344-7C25416D2CF5.jpeg
    E25699AE-A61E-4D38-9344-7C25416D2CF5.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Frk It

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad