Confirmed with Link: Libor Hajek recalled

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Good luck Hajek!

I still think Lindgren was the better of the two. I got lambasted here for that earlier on for thinking that. Still too early to tell in their respective careers. Guess we won't know for another couple of seasons anyway. Too many Vets ahead of them.
Maybe right now, but Libor IMO has much higher potential.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Hartford is a mess. They aren’t developing anyone there. Get him out of there.

not to go too off topic but totally agree with this and its a HUGE issue. this rebuild is going no where fast if hartford can't develop players. not sure what the answer is but it needs to be addressed.

Reactions: egelband

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Yeah I imagine they just want to see what he looks like outside of Hartford.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Has he been struggling??? I know people look at this stats but aside from a couple YT videos nobody has really been giving a real scouting report on his play. HFD is a complete dumpster fire is all I know.
From what people who watch Hartford often have said it certainly appears he's been struggling.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I like Libor, but I've always felt expectations on here were higher than they should be.

He's a good defensive prospect, with room for growth. But I think this board kind of elevated him at the time of the McD trade and it's never quite been able to let go of that initial dream.

His upside projects as steady, solid, second pairing defenseman.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I like Libor, but I've always felt expectations on here were higher than they should be.

He's a good defensive prospect, with room for growth. But I think this board kind of elevated him at the time of the McD trade and it's never quite been able to let go of that initial dream.

Soooo what Mac is in Tampa :sarcasm:

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
If you watch hartford play there is no structure there are awful mistakes they look very poorly coached. There’s no direction. They shouldn’t be that bad.

That coaching staff needs an overhaul.

Some quality AHL players would also be nice.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I hate this guy as a player. Would absolutely love to be proven wrong.

I would think he can't be worse than Pionk, but I thought nobody could be worse than Girardi and here's ****ing Pionk.

Out of curiosity, why do you hate Hajek?

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
If he's good, that's great. Another potential piece of our new core.

If he sucks, well, we need additional tank commanders.

Reactions: Machinehead

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Value is neither created nor lost. It is simply transferred. Like energy.

nY1SVr7.gif

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

I hear you on this, but it's hard to fault people.

He was sold as THE guy with the trade. Puff pieces of how Gorton wanted him so badly and victoriously got him from Tampa! Huge coup.

After a year, it's kinda shifting to hes A guy. Which maybe was the right projection all along. But most people aren't following prospects that closely, especially other teams, so its tough

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
His offensive production at lower levels is a red flag to me.

I know he's a defense-first player, but the dude doesn't score at all.

But we'll see. Some guys shed that.

What was wrong with his production in the WHL? It was perfectly fine for someone who's projected to be a 2nd pairing two-way guy (39 points in 58 games his last season)

I can't say I'm not disappointed with his pro career thus far, even if Hartford is a clusterf***. But let's not forgot that McDonagh was pretty invisible in Hartford as well and never really turned heads until he was called up.

Reactions: Sarge13 and RGY

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
His offensive production at lower levels is a red flag to me.

I know he's a defense-first player, but the dude doesn't score at all.

But we'll see. Some guys shed that.
Ryan McDonaghs stats were bad too, werent they?

I'm not calling him Mac but I was hoping he'd be in that mold. Potentially our top PKer and defenseman that matches against top lines

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
The concept of rebuilding is applied to all facets of the organization

That means that the minor team is also going to go through a spell where they are shit as well. In fact they are going to be the system that blfeels the pain first, but also be the first to reap the benefits.

This year, I'd have probably kept Chytil, Howden and Lias all on the farm.

Not an indictment, but more so for development.

There was no need to have these kids play the whole season at the NHL level.

Reactions: Off Sides

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle

On a team full of 3rd pair and 7th guys... he’s more than welcome then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad