Confirmed with Link: Libor Hajek recalled

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
The Rangers are trying to give their prospects a cup of coffee in the NHL so they know what it takes at this level. Several of them performed markedly better after a stint in the NHL. That or they have trade dominoes incoming later tonight.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I think this is for the best. Hartford is a mess. They aren’t developing anyone there. Get him out of there. Play him over claesson who we absolutely owe nothing to. He should be the spare just because. He’s not part of this future and he makes no money has no term. No reason to keep playing him.

I’d go for the foreseeable future. I’d send Pionk to Hartford.

Staal DeAngelo
Skjei Smith
Hajek Shattenkirk

this made me laugh

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Lovely to see how everyone is like "he looks bad, but Hartford is a dumpster fire so why not" when we've hedged our whole strategy on developing kids

Maybe fix HFD? Idk. Seems important to a team trading everything for draft picks and kids. What do I know tho

Let Blaine Die

Holden out 4 a hero
Jan 4, 2012
NYC
Interesting.

Lindgren has had the superior play in Hartford this year. As such, you would think Lindgren would be the call-up.

This might be a "show me" call-up. See where Hajek's game is outside of the (Horrible) Hartford Bubble.

I don't think this is in any way a reward to Hajek for his play, nor a demerit on Lindgren.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Hartford as a whole has been poor, but I don't know if I totally agree that the development of younger players has been particularly bad.

The pack have been primarily focusing on the basics and adjusting to the speed of the game and that's had a particular impact on the numbers posted by defenseman for several years now --- be it Skjei, Graves, ADA, Pionk, etc.

As a result, I always caution about using numbers to judge the defensive prospects.

I think they're developing the kids better than people realize. I think they've sucked at putting together a team. But as I've said before, I think the biggest problem is not having the right mix of veterans down there. Some nights, they were essentially sending a junior team out there to compete against 27 and 28 year old AHL veterans.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
He looked really good when I saw him before I don’t even remember when it was, was it preseason? Traverse city?
Excited to see him play

He’s looked great everywhere BUT Hartford. He was one of our last cuts in preseason from what I remember

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Like it. Also, for those who are asking why Lindgren wasn't called back up maybe its a contract thing? Not sure what the rules are but I remember them not bringing up Anderson immediately after the deadline because they didn't want him to exceed a certain number of games played?

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Interesting.

Lindgren has had the superior play in Hartford this year. As such, you would think Lindgren would be the call-up.

This might be a "show me" call-up. See where Hajek's game is outside of the (Horrible) Hartford Bubble.

I don't think this is in any way a reward to Hajek for his play, nor a demerit on Lindgren.

This. I think we're essentially having tryouts in a competitive environment (vs. preseason, which are less intense); could also be a cultural fit evaluation. Let's see how he fares!

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
If you watch hartford play there is no structure there are awful mistakes they look very poorly coached. There’s no direction. They shouldn’t be that bad.

That coaching staff needs an overhaul.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Like it. Also, for those who are asking why Lindgren wasn't called back up maybe its a contract thing? Not sure what the rules are but I remember them not bringing up Anderson immediately after the deadline because they didn't want him to exceed a certain number of games played?
Lindgren’s contract can’t slide like Andersson’s could, I think this more to see Hajek than it is to do a disservice to Lindgren

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Interesting since he has been struggling this year but similar to Lias a lot of that prob gotta do with how bad Hartford is. Hopefully he does great
I'm willing to see how he does because Hartford had been a tire fire.

That being said, reports I've gotten from friends watching the games have been less than encouraging. We'll see.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Claesson was absolute dog shit last night. He was getting turned around constantly in his own end. Awful coverage. We tried to trade him and shouldnt re-sign him.

Hajek in for him. Wish we could have Lindgren come up and take Pionk’s spot as well. Another guy who stunk last night. But they could always move Smith back to D.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
This is a power tank move, recalling your AHL teams worst regular D-man, Hajek has been legit awful this season. I base this off of watching ~20 games in combination with looking Into the numbers, both the public and some not public numbers.

TANKSZN

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
I think this is a good player development type of move. Lindgren wasn't the best D down there and after the call up has picked it up in Hartford. It looks like they want to give him a game or two, practice with the big boys and send him back down with some confidence to finish up the year. He can use a bit of a reset from Hartdford. They have nothing to lose by sitting Cleason, Pionk or Smith. Pionk has been really bad and I'm fan of his.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I hate this guy as a player. Would absolutely love to be proven wrong.

I would think he can't be worse than Pionk, but I thought nobody could be worse than Girardi and here's f***ing Pionk.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Good luck Hajek!

I still think Lindgren was the better of the two. I got lambasted here for that earlier on for thinking that. Still too early to tell in their respective careers. Guess we won't know for another couple of seasons anyway. Too many Vets ahead of them.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
ive seen maybe hartford 5 games this season and 2 in person. not a big sample size but i have seen him play. he plays alot for sure and when he played he was so-so at best.

when i saw him play in person he was bad. i didn't see anything there to indicate that hes a special talent at all.

hopefully just getting away from hartford helps.

tank. on.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Interesting since he has been struggling this year but similar to Lias a lot of that prob gotta do with how bad Hartford is. Hopefully he does great
Has he been struggling??? I know people look at this stats but aside from a couple YT videos nobody has really been giving a real scouting report on his play. HFD is a complete dumpster fire is all I know.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad