Rumor: Liberty Jersey Makes its Return?

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I have one with no 93 (White liberty). It's probably my favorite jersey in my collection. And that's saying a lot because I have a lot haha
Yeah I have a rather unorthodox amount of jerseys lol, I know the feeling. My White Liberty jersey has Jeff Beukeboom on the back. It is one of my holy grails.

Also @Machinehead yes because I want to collect them all

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
2012 WC revamp with Lady Liberty on the shoulders. In the cream color.

Shut up and take my money.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Action_Shot_for_Weekly_-_03-31-14_-_LeNeveu-Allen.jpg

It'd be pretty dope if NYR did a similar color scheme to Hartford's red alternate jersey!! Switch the navy blue and the white, but still incorporate some white maybe to space out the red and the blue. Have the Rangers Shield logo in the middle and have the liberty logo as the shoulder patch. Think some old callbacks with a new Rangers spin would be interesting for this franchise.

Thoughts?

Reactions: egelband

Bring Back Avery

Dec 29, 2012
Catasauqua, PA
I still like the alternates we had most recently. The navy blue and dark red worked nicely. I didn't even mind the diagonal "New York" down the front. The only thing that I didn't care for was the white collar. It just seemed like they put there just for the sake of putting it there.

Reactions: 007

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

It'd be pretty dope if NYR did a similar color scheme to Hartford's red alternate jersey!! Switch the navy blue and the white, but still incorporate some white maybe to space out the red and the blue. Have the Rangers Shield logo in the middle and have the liberty logo as the shoulder patch. Think some old callbacks with a new Rangers spin would be interesting for this franchise.

Thoughts?

The Blueshirts should never be in red. Period. (Practice is ok... just not in games)

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut

Thoughts?

No red as the primary color, ever .

No consideration.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Rangers red as the primary color is almost like when the NY Football Giants did it for a few years. Just trying something different to try it.

I actually don't associate the Liberty jerseys as all bad. I think of the 1997 playoff run aka The Last Hurrah of the old gang from my childhood, and the Renney resurgence in 2005-06.

The Heritage jerseys kind of combined the Liberty with the 80s New York jerseys so it's not that much of a stretch if they do a hybrid or slightly updated version.

I've never liked the laces because I grew up with the red collar in the 80s/90s but the new laces since I'd say 2009 aren't as offensive as the old ones.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Rangers red as the primary color is almost like when the NY Football Giants did it for a few years. Just trying something different to try it.

I actually don't associate the Liberty jerseys as all bad. I think of the 1997 playoff run aka The Last Hurrah of the old gang from my childhood, and the Renney resurgence in 2005-06.

The Heritage jerseys kind of combined the Liberty with the 80s New York jerseys so it's not that much of a stretch if they do a hybrid or slightly updated version.

I've never liked the laces because I grew up with the red collar in the 80s/90s but the new laces since I'd say 2009 aren't as offensive as the old ones.

I think the reason people ahem... "see red" [ducks for cover]...

with those jerseys is two of our enemies are similar in base color, devils and capitals

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad