Recalled/Assigned: Lias to Hartford, Gettinger called up

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
He was a disappointment the second we called his name, let's be honest here.

That said, we haven't done everything we can to get the best out of him.
I was fine with the choice at the time but yeah in retrospect they should have grabbed Mittelstadt

Despite what people say about him

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I don't expect much fro Gettinger, but hopefully he cans how a bit more/be more engaged than he was in his few games last season

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Oh I agree

At the time I would have been fine with Mittelstadt/Liljegren/Brannstrom/Suzuki/Necas or Lias
So much this. I was especially high on Brannstrom, but he seems superfluous now, considering our newfound defensive depth.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
He is a massive disappointment.

Some prospects bust.

This.

Reality is not every prospect we draft or acquire will make it. I have to say we’ve been rather successful with our youngsters this far.

Chytil
Fox
ADA
Georgiev

Kakko is the real deal. Shesty should have a great career too. Howden, ehh. We’ll see. Hajek and Lindgren too.

Even if Andersson flops, it’s still a pretty strong success rate.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Is Lias going to play 20+ minutes in Hartford or be on the 3rd line? Because if he is going to be on the 3rd line then there is nothing good about this.

hopefully Gettinger sticks with the team for good now. We desperately need a player like him on our 4th/3rd lines.

Reactions: CasusBelli

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
He’s a nothing player, hopefully he comes back better, but some of these guys were going to bust unfortunately.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
If he is a nothing player and is not that good, then somebody needs to get fired for drafting him 7th overall.

Reactions: JC704

JC704

Jan 6, 2012
If he is a nothing player and is not that good, then somebody needs to get fired for drafting him 7th overall.

Somebody gets it. If they swing and miss on Lias, half hit on Chytil, and are 50-50 with Kravtsov, that's not a good look/start. There is also no guarantee Tony D is on this team after this season either. Factor in the McDonagh/Miller trade, that is a lot of dimes for quarters/dollars.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Still time for him to put it together. Though it's frustrating that of all the guys the Rangers were rumored to like at 7, Lias is having the least success of the bunch. Even Suzuki is looking better right now.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
These 18 games where Andersson was on the 4th line hurts development. I could understand if he was someone they were considering to get more minutes to, but the moment he was not a viable option for that, he should have been sent down.

If Zibanejad doesn't get hurt, this is something that likely would have happened 3 weeks ago.

I'll be curious to see him get games in where he'll be leaned on by a coach and get PP1, PK1, and 1C minutes.

Getting him with Lettieri and DiGuiseppi would be helpful at the AHL level, since their skill plays there

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I had hoped that Gettinger would be able to bang in 10-15 goals with 10 or so assists in his good years, but IDK if he processes things quickly enough to do that. He's a big body who will win board battles and dig pucks out of the corner. You can also put him in front, but his net-front game is actually pretty unrefined, so he really just serves as a screen.

All in all, still a great pick considering he is playing in the NHL at all.

RickChartraw

Oct 12, 2018
He needs to play more. This move was needed. If we took Filip #7 and Lias #19 think there might be less displeasure with Lias at this point. Is what it is, kid needs to play. Right move.

Deleted member 23124

He’s just not that good. This fan base has a hard time coming to this realization.
I'm starting to get the same impression. I looked up his stats in Hartford last year and they weren't that good either.

hpNYR

HF Forecaster
Jun 18, 2006
Northridge, CA
www.twitter.com
What exactly have you seen from Chytil that suggests he isn't a bust? He was called up and responded very well for the first few games and has begun to disappear again. He has a long ways to go still.

This.

Reality is not every prospect we draft or acquire will make it. I have to say we’ve been rather successful with our youngsters this far.

Chytil
Fox
ADA
Georgiev

Kakko is the real deal. Shesty should have a great career too. Howden, ehh. We’ll see. Hajek and Lindgren too.

Even if Andersson flops, it’s still a pretty strong success rate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad