Player Discussion Lias Andersson

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Lias will probably wear 50 for now. The Rangers have options--Chytil's been used on the wing and Andersson can play on the wing too--so both of them can stay--even if Howden comes back quick. Lettieri can go down without going through waivers and I think Nieves can too. We could trade someone like Spooner or dump McLeod.

Even if Lias goes back to Hartford I think his days there are numbered. It seems to me he's pretty much figured out that league and is ready for the next step. Playing in all situations as a 1C and producing. He's a really good hockey player.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
The microanalysis on here is amazing. These guys are hockey players, not highly reactive chemical compounds.
I'm not sure what context this is within, as I'm too lazy to scan, but I commend you. I commend you.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I remember years ago when Callahan got sent down, played his tail off, came back up and never looked back.

I think the minutes in Hartford were good for him and it’ll show on the ice.

Reactions: Larrybiv

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
He deserved the call up but I would rather not have him burn a year of his contract in a year that most of us feel this team isn't gonna go far

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
He deserved the call up but I would rather not have him burn a year of his contract in a year that most of us feel this team isn't gonna go far

I respectfully disagree. Player development > winning. And if you ask any one of them, they'll tell you that they go out and play to win. If they put Chytil on his wing and have a veteran ride shotgun on the other wing, I say, why not. Let them grow and come up together.

Reactions: egelband

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I don't think it's a big deal honestly. When his ELC expires all of the big contracts we have will be gone.
True but i think Toronto wouldn't have had the Nylander issue if they let his contract slide that first year of 2015-2016.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I respectfully disagree. Player development > winning. And if you ask any one of them, they'll tell you that they go out and play to win. If they put Chytil on his wing and have a veteran ride shotgun on the other wing, I say, why not. Let them grow and come up together.
I can understand both sides. As long as he is given an opportunity. The way Chytil has been played the first 10-15 games is worrisome. If he's up here give him a chance to play with some decent linemates

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I remember years ago when Callahan got sent down, played his tail off, came back up and never looked back.

I think the minutes in Hartford were good for him and it’ll show on the ice.

This.
I think he sticks after this call up..

Reactions: NewYorkNick

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I just don't believe in the limited-minutes-is-detrimental narrative. He's watching and absorbing from the bench. He's got DQ, DO, and LR talking to him and explaining stuff.He's listening and learning how a major league locker room carries on. He's training in big-club facilities, has the services and tricks-of-the-trade wisdom of trainers like Jim Ramsay. He learns to live in the city versus Hartford. So many intangibles besides playing time.

Reactions: egelband

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Slide him into the third line with a capable winger. Don’t overwhelm him. Bring him along but give him reasonable minutes. Slow and steady.

Reactions: NewYorkNick

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
This.
I think he sticks after this call up..

Me too..

But don’t mistakenly let that be a distraction to the fact that Al Bundy once scored 4 touchdowns in a single game for Polk High School Panthers in 1966 versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, “Spare Tire” Dixon Bubba Smith.

Reactions: lucky13 and NYR

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Me too..

But don’t mistakenly let that be a distraction to the fact that Al Bundy once scored 4 touchdowns in a single game for Polk High School Panthers in 1966 versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, “Spare Tire” Dixon Bubba Smith.

Haha.. Exactly!

WeRa

Nov 2, 2017
I a little bit surprised that Filip Chytil wasn't sent down... I know, Lias is a substitute for Brett..

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
hmmm, this seems a tad strange.... the team cannot find the time to give Chytil more than 10 minutes on the fourth line, and they bring up our second top prospect to a potential similar fate. Both of these guys needs to play, and play a lot. One can make the argument for that "the AHL has nothing more to teach these guys", but if they are relegated to 10 minutes or less per game in the big club, i'll maintain that they'd still be better off with 20'ish in the AHL.

This just seems stupid on so many levels (thinking contracts, future), we already have too many players and cannot fit them all, why on earth bring up more (yes, i know he is supposed to replace Howden). But neither of those two should ever see 4th line duty when developing, and i am frustrated with the usage of Chytil :)

Maybe a trade is coming.. only thing that would even remotely make sense (unless i missed someone being sent down ?)

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
When Howden comes back I want a first line of Lias - Howden - Chytil and 30 mins a night, full 2 mins of the pp.
Let’s stop f***ing around and put this rebuild into maximum overdrive.

Reactions: Konnick

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Thank you for the compliment, but I feel the inevitability of a Andersson-Chytil-Mcleod line within 5 games. If Quinn is currently finding it hard to give Chytil proper ice time, hows he gonna give him and now Andersson enough ice time.

Prob Lias is a better player right now, so that will be factored in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad